Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 04:48 PM

186 posts, read 268,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I honestly believe this after all the fewer that apply the better chances you have but come on lol.

There is literally no where stating there is a floor dedicated to supportive housing for the building. Fact checking will save a lot of drama
I posted a link the buildings look identical and on almost the same block so you can see my confusion on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 04:59 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
I posted a link the buildings look identical and on almost the same block so you can see my confusion on this.
It’s okay we all make mistakes

Old 09-20-2022, 05:02 PM

186 posts, read 268,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It’s okay we all make mistakes
Thanks Stormgal , they look identical and with the same AMI etc oh well so they well have a supportive housing outside there door lol there's no escape !!!

Old 09-20-2022, 05:10 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,399,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
All good now people can stop freaking out in this thread. It’s been blowing up and I keep wondering if logs are out only to see they aren’t lol

Old 09-20-2022, 07:04 PM

51 posts, read 38,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I am participating in a housing lottery to get a place that works for my AMI, not asking for a handout. The political system is doing dumb **** to house people with severe mental challenges and other traumas who need more support than just a cheap place to live when they have ongoing mental and physical challenges that are very important. It has to be a multiple-sided approach to helping people deal with their challenges.

I am not generalizing but my close connections who have had to share housing with such cases have not been good, the recent housing of homeless people in hotels isn't a fix either, read up and do research on what percentage of that population was troublesome, did all things right by law and neighbors. It is unfortunate but its not a small percentage that is troublesome.

For people like you who have had DV and similar issues leading to homelessness, there are other issues in addition to just finding housing, there are way better resources out there to take advantage of, if you are savvy enough to be here posting you can most definitely find enough resources to take advantage of and progress forward.

Going back to my first message, you may not like hearing this but if I am paying 9k I don't want the off chance to deal with the issues aforementioned.
Lol yeah, taking advantage of those “resources” has not been helpful at all. Hence why I am here and on just about every housing lottery in NYC. The issue is that the “resources” provided only go but so far, I mean I have a housing voucher a “resource” it expires in October and then I have to wait another 2-3 months to re certify. Crazy thing is all of the apartments that I've tried to secure ignore me once they find out I have a voucher. It's pretty funny you bash the political system but suggest someone seek “resources” from that same system. It's simple, supportive housing is just another “resource” which sets desperate people up to fail. Once a person is house, they're no longer a problem for the person who has to find housing for them. I'm here because I have had a **** time every place else. These things don't work how you believe you do and I'm sure many of the other people here could tell you the same experience.

Old 09-21-2022, 07:08 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaobui View Post
Highest log number gets a consolation hug
lmaooooooooooooooooo

Old 09-21-2022, 07:20 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaobui View Post
Love the drama. Much popcorn.

Also beggars can be choosers. Many of you here have withdrew apps because of various issues. Neighborhood too ****, room too small, not "luxury" enough. That's cool, everyone has a degree of tolerance of what they can shell out vs what parameters they can get. Likewise, if they find out that they live above a drug clinic, or close to a floor that houses the homeless, they can withdraw. No biggie, there's always something better.

Love the screaming of "elitism" tho. Keep going with that.
Yes!

Look, in the 276 Grand Concourse thread, they're not applying cause its next door to a rehab, which no one loiters in front of. Its a beautiful new building with nice apts, good transit options & river views which people are paying good money for. I wouldn't let the rehab be the detterrent. However, I'm the same way tho, so i understand. I need the highest quality of life I can get, which is why I'm leaving where i am now

Old 09-21-2022, 08:12 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,031,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Yes!

Look, in the 276 Grand Concourse thread, they're not applying cause its next door to a rehab, which no one loiters in front of. Its a beautiful new building with nice apts, good transit options & river views which people are paying good money for. I wouldn't let the rehab be the detterrent. However, I'm the same way tho, so i understand. I need the highest quality of life I can get, which is why I'm leaving where i am now
I wouldn't mind if the rehab was in the next building over. (The entirety of NYC is a rehab at the end of the day). I think the difference is having the rehab inside the building.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if the rehab was in the next building over. (The entirety of NYC is a rehab at the end of the day). I think the difference is having the rehab inside the building.
You absolutely would mind, lol

Last edited by Marshabrady; 09-21-2022 at 08:27 AM..

Old 09-21-2022, 08:26 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,399,379 times
Quote:
I wouldn't mind either tbh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery