Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2023, 10:40 AM

12 posts, read 12,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
This is not possible; do you mean they only have studios in your AMI?
Its actually very possible as the building has a lot of residents already. There are very few studios in the 50% AMI left and there are no studios left for 80% AMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaju789 View Post
May I know your log number, preference group (if any), and AMI? Thank you!
Low 7000s for the log number. No preference.

Old 05-17-2023, 02:43 PM

347 posts, read 358,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrib View Post
Low 7000s for the log number. No preference.
You must be in the 165% AMI.

Old 05-18-2023, 08:02 AM

200 posts, read 209,132 times
So are they just going at random? There are definitely people in the 165% AMI with lower log numbers who don't seem to have been called yet. Trying to wrap my head around it unless others have just been wrong about not having some sort of preference.
Is there a contact for the agents?

Old 05-18-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
So are they just going at random? There are definitely people in the 165% AMI with lower log numbers who don't seem to have been called yet. Trying to wrap my head around it unless others have just been wrong about not having some sort of preference.
Is there a contact for the agents?

It's hard to know; this poster called "Melrib" is not providing full replies and I suspect actually has a household member 62+. I don't think Gotham North has started the general pool (non CG or Seniors) with the exception of the highest AMI and/possibly large families.

Last edited by TheaterFan; 05-18-2023 at 10:09 AM..

Old 05-18-2023, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Its actually very possible as the building has a lot of residents already. There are very few studios in the 50% AMI left and there are no studios left for 80% AMI.
For the general population and CB, there was only 1 studio available at 50% and 2 available at 80%. You must have a senior in your household; you have a preference for 62+ which is why you were contacted. For 62+, they had a total of 19 studios at 50% AMI and 8 studios at 80% AMI.

Last edited by TheaterFan; 05-18-2023 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-25-2023, 01:28 PM

Default Clarification

Quote:
You must be in the 165% AMI.
Im actually posting on behalf of my parent who is a senior resident and was selected because I directly spoke to the agents and was present at the interview.

So this is incorrect. He originally fell into the 50% AMI for a studio or one bedroom. No preference other than being over 62 and is not retired. His salary slightly increased to which I then had to be placed in 80 AMI. Prior to meeting with the agents they stated there are no one bedroom units left and asked if there was still interest. Whether thats for the building overall or just senior residents is beyond my knowledge however I will say I saw MANY young residents already living there which leads me to believe general population has in fact started to be processed. Your log number may be low and your income may be in range but multiple people are selected for a single unit so being selected does not guarantee you an apartment. A low log number does not mean you take preference over other applicants. I myself live in a housing connect residence for over 5 years and so do my friends and family. All different buildings for those who may assume we live together. However my first go around with housing showed me that log numbers do not matter once selected. I was up for a unit at Edwins Place Apartments in brooklyn, have city preference, met the income, HPD approved my application and THEN housing connect gave the unit to a mother with a child because they took preference despite my city employee status and lower log number. I ALWAYS tell people we have no idea how log numbers are calculated but what I will say is that checking daily and applying at midnight has rendered everyone low log numbers and it doesn't hurt to get your application in earlier than others.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:31 PM

Quote:
For the general population and CB, there was only 1 studio available at 50% and 2 available at 80%. You must have a senior in your household; you have a preference for 62+ which is why you were contacted. For 62+, they had a total of 19 studios at 50% AMI and 8 studios at 80% AMI.
This is also incorrect. They stated prior to even meeting that there are NO studios left at 50% AMI and ONE studio at 80% which he is up for along with another applicant.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Im actually posting on behalf of my parent who is a senior resident and was selected because I directly spoke to the agents and was present at the interview.

So this is incorrect. He originally fell into the 50% AMI for a studio or one bedroom. No preference other than being over 62 and is not retired. His salary slightly increased to which I then had to be placed in 80 AMI. Prior to meeting with the agents they stated there are no one bedroom units left and asked if there was still interest. Whether thats for the building overall or just senior residents is beyond my knowledge however I will say I saw MANY young residents already living there which leads me to believe general population has in fact started to be processed. Your log number may be low and your income may be in range but multiple people are selected for a single unit so being selected does not guarantee you an apartment. A low log number does not mean you take preference over other applicants. I myself live in a housing connect residence for over 5 years and so do my friends and family. All different buildings for those who may assume we live together. However my first go around with housing showed me that log numbers do not matter once selected. I was up for a unit at Edwins Place Apartments in brooklyn, have city preference, met the income, HPD approved my application and THEN housing connect gave the unit to a mother with a child because they took preference despite my city employee status and lower log number. I ALWAYS tell people we have no idea how log numbers are calculated but what I will say is that checking daily and applying at midnight has rendered everyone low log numbers and it doesn't hurt to get your application in earlier than others.
62+ is a preference. When you posted that you had no preferences it caused confusion because you should not have been contacted without a preference. I know how the lottery works; thanks for your insight - but you caused confusion when you incorrectly stated you do not have a preference. 62+ are contacted before those with no preferences.

Old 05-25-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
This is also incorrect. They stated prior to even meeting that there are NO studios left at 50% AMI and ONE studio at 80% which he is up for along with another applicant.
Only for 62+; they only gave you info for Senior Housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery