Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2022, 06:35 PM

39 posts, read 43,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
This is excellent; do you have any preferences? My number is a bit higher than yours; but I have no preferences so expect to be waiting a while.
My husband and I do not live in that community, we live in Brooklyn, but he is 62+ years old, so I am unsure if we have a preference. Based on the info above, do you think that we need to start to prepare for the interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 06:51 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNasty View Post
My husband and I do not live in that community, we live in Brooklyn, but he is 62+ years old, so I am unsure if we have a preference. Based on the info above, do you think that we need to start to prepare for the interview?
If your AMI is at 80% or less, you should start preparing your paperwork. I am not connected to the building but based on what I've read, you will very likely be contacted for a unit in the senior wing that includes 11 floors with 98 units. The wing is geared toward senior living, with its' own lobby and deck. With a log number of 1XX and 98 units, my guess is you will be contacted within 60 days. I suspect the only reason you would not be contacted is if your AMI is above 80%; if it is, you will likely be considered in the general pool (not senior wing) and will not be contacted for about 6+ months. To find where you fall in the senior units, try this link-the apartments with ** are for the senior wing. https://gothampointlottery.com/admin...ebbe9a6e9e.pdf

Old 10-23-2022, 10:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,867 times
What is the likelihood of a 4xxx with no preferences and 125/165 AMI hitting? Just want to get an idea of what to expect and curb my expectations possibly haha

Last edited by queenskid_; 10-23-2022 at 10:44 PM..

Old 10-24-2022, 08:23 AM

71 posts, read 64,761 times
I walked down to this building on Saturday, and it is a long way away from the rest of the buildings, etc. in this neighborhood. The good news is that means less traffic and thus very quiet, but I would ask about the plan to build out more support businesses like grocery stores and pharmacies. There is literally nothing like around it for a good 15-minute walk at least. The nearest subway is even further.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:55 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
I walked down to this building on Saturday, and it is a long way away from the rest of the buildings, etc. in this neighborhood. The good news is that means less traffic and thus very quiet, but I would ask about the plan to build out more support businesses like grocery stores and pharmacies. There is literally nothing like around it for a good 15-minute walk at least. The nearest subway is even further.
Someone mentioned that they were going to have a shuttle to the subway during rush hours I think for work and the ferry runs to a bus that crosses midtown which is close but they are building two huge buildings near it on the back side and I think there might be one more parcel that was planned for another building as part of the waterfront development plan with mixed use buildings. The waterfront buildings are getting more retail slowly I saw a supermarket was opening up at one of the new towers that is closest down the road.

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/marke...-planned/26763

Old 10-24-2022, 08:59 AM

72 posts, read 50,216 times
I got log 28,xxx What do my chances look like with this?

Old 10-24-2022, 09:42 AM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
Hey everyone, none of us honestly know what your chances are especially with a higher log it can take time to get through all the lower log applicants. So there’s a chance with a popular lottery like this that they might never get to you. Just be patient. They go through preferences first.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:13 AM

198 posts, read 175,889 times
4,7xx

Old 10-24-2022, 12:10 PM

5 posts, read 3,264 times
4,9xx. No CB or preferences. 125% or 165% for 1 person.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:27 PM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Here is a way to track progress through the lottery. I believe they did this for south tower. Feel free to add your log number and if you have CB

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery