Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 01:15 PM

82 posts, read 73,267 times

Advertisements

Thank you, I have no intention to have any ill feelings, just only want to help. Again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 01:10 PM

95 posts, read 111,061 times
Just got contacted for docs today! Excited! 4.2k log in CB studio/1bed 80/125/165 AMI

Old 11-23-2022, 01:30 PM

530 posts, read 517,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
Just got contacted for docs today! Excited! 4.2k log in CB studio/1bed 80/125/165 AMI
Congratulations!

Old 11-23-2022, 02:27 PM

213 posts, read 218,882 times
so many people have been passing the studios.... are they that bad? does anyone have any pix/vids ? ... i assume what is left are small studios with bad views since so many people are passing on it, plus no washer/dryer SMH

Old 11-23-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
so many people have been passing the studios.... are they that bad? does anyone have any pix/vids ? ... i assume what is left are small studios with bad views since so many people are passing on it, plus no washer/dryer SMH
https://youtu.be/41QBAjN_W9I
I believe her video is about the South Tower which got me a bit confused because the North Tower should be the bigger building. In the video the south tower 1 bed and studio starts at about 5:00 timer in the video and the studio shown seems to be good sized as a corner unit in 2408 line, but that depends on every AMI because I believe different AMI get different units.

Most of the images I've seen from South Tower studio views are pretty small though - that isn't a corner unit like one that just faces 1 side. https://imgur.com/a/uXOfw4u

Also I made a short link for the North Tower for easier access and a column for additional date for more documents: https://tinyurl.com/gothampointnorth

Last edited by kissuki; 11-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-23-2022, 06:47 PM

412 posts, read 598,232 times
Quote:
OMG so fast! I hope they don't make you wait once you submit initial docs..

Old 11-23-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
OMG so fast! I hope they don't make you wait once you submit initial docs..
Based on analysis from South Tower lottery, I think they would reach out 10 days after document submission for additional docs if you are in the front of the line like CB preference, but it is also Holiday season right now. Also building is still not completely done yet, so a little delay in the beginning!

Also think the timeline after docs is about an average of 1.5 months to view an apartment for the South Tower

Another pattern I noticed is every 500 logs that pass through is another 2 weeks average wait time

Old 11-23-2022, 09:48 PM

412 posts, read 598,232 times
Quote:
Based on analysis from South Tower lottery, I think they would reach out 10 days after document submission for additional docs if you are in the front of the line like CB preference, but it is also Holiday season right now. Also building is still not completely done yet, so a little delay in the beginning!

Also think the timeline after docs is about an average of 1.5 months to view an apartment for the South Tower

Another pattern I noticed is every 500 logs that pass through is another 2 weeks average wait time

I had a 5xxx log number for one of the buildings with CB, took about 2 months for them to reach out initially and 2 more months for paperwork.

South Tower was weird but I think a lot of people turned down units.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:43 PM

151 posts, read 132,353 times
Update on behalf of my grandma. She got asked to submits documents and submitted about 2 weeks ago. Then today got a call from an agent named Dioni asked to go to the building for an interview and asked her to bring all the documents she already submitted. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will she be shown the apt as well?

Old 11-30-2022, 10:33 AM

39 posts, read 43,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Update on behalf of my grandma. She got asked to submits documents and submitted about 2 weeks ago. Then today got a call from an agent named Dioni asked to go to the building for an interview and asked her to bring all the documents she already submitted. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will she be shown the apt as well?
oh gosh, that was fast, but we didn't get any calls from them after I submitted all the paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery