Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2022, 08:22 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

Read this article & go through the building maps: https://handelarchitects.com/project/gotham-point - so you may understand the whole concept before thinking about poor door/poor building for the seniors.

The newest Hunter's Point South towers will include 1,132 units, 75% of which are designated affordable, distributed between a 58-story and a 34-story tower. Nearly 100 units have been set aside specifically for seniors. Residents will have spectacular views of the Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn skylines.

The bigger tower includes separate entrances for the apartments and the senior units, as well as a through-block community facility space. The smaller tower includes entrances for its own residential units, as well as community spaces for Flux Factory and for kayak-rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
That’s not true. The building she is in is NOT only for seniors. I asked this question yesterday. The majority of the HC units in the North tower is mostly seniors, yes that is true. But there is not “one building only for seniors”. So the fact that they told her she needs to use a different entrance is very much giving a poor door.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 12-23-2022 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 08:52 AM

32 posts, read 30,964 times
Just curious to know for anyone that has lived in the LIC waterfront, how has flooding during hurricane seasons been?

Old 12-27-2022, 10:57 PM

39 posts, read 43,376 times
Have you had any updates since you sent in the additional documents?

Old 12-28-2022, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 5,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNasty View Post
Have you had any updates since you sent in the additional documents?
not yet, but I just called the agent and there are some forms that need to be redone. So don't be shy and contact your agent and politely ask how is everything and send them a holiday greeting.

Old 01-04-2023, 02:29 PM

95 posts, read 109,964 times
4.2k in CB, just got contacted to submit second round of documents and have until 1/11 to submit them all. Luckily I already prepared everything so will be submitting today, but was told I pre-qualify for 125%, but was hoping for a 1 bed in 80% AMI.

Last edited by kissuki; 01-04-2023 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-04-2023, 06:54 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
4.2k in CB, just got contacted to submit second round of documents and have until 1/11 to submit them all. Luckily I already prepared everything so will be submitting today, but was told I pre-qualify for 125%, but was hoping for a 1 bed in 80% AMI.
Kissuki: your log number is 42XX correct? This (4.2k) implies a much higher number. Thanks and good luck!

Old 01-04-2023, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Kissuki: your log number is 42XX correct? This (4.2k) implies a much higher number. Thanks and good luck!
Yup, my log# is 42XX in CB haha. Curious to see the different floor plans for every AMI since most posted online are 165%.

Old 01-04-2023, 08:42 PM

412 posts, read 593,519 times
Quote:
Yup, my log# is 42XX in CB haha. Curious to see the different floor plans for every AMI since most posted online are 165%.
Did you fill out the preference questionnaire before they said you "pre qualify" whatever that means? Did you ask about 80? Thanks for the update btw

I would love to see more floor plans and I hope they give them to you when you ask haha but probably not.

Also, do you think they're contacting you for the second round of docs means they finished with the first 4000 CB cuz that's pretty fast..

Last edited by rnt2dh; 01-04-2023 at 08:52 PM..

Old 01-04-2023, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Did you fill out the preference questionnaire before they said you "pre qualify" whatever that means? Did you ask about 80? Thanks for the update btw

I would love to see more floor plans and I hope they give them to you when you ask haha but probably not
Do you mean the preference questionnaire on the Housing website? I asked about 80% and they said there weren't any left or maybe because my income was just at the highest point in that AMI so they shot me up to qualify as 125% bracket. Will ask about floor plans once they answer my current questions forwarded. I called them for a faster reply, took like 10x to get through to the right number. There was an option to submit documents in person, but I'd have to wait until next Tuesday so I decided to just submit everything online today. Maybe you can get more questions answered in person, but I'm also not in a rush for a 125% unit since it is more than what I am currently paying and my lease isn't up until June.

Old 01-04-2023, 09:35 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Do you mean the preference questionnaire on the Housing website? I asked about 80% and they said there weren't any left or maybe because my income was just at the highest point in that AMI so they shot me up to qualify as 125% bracket. Will ask about floor plans once they answer my current questions forwarded. I called them for a faster reply, took like 10x to get through to the right number. There was an option to submit documents in person, but I'd have to wait until next Tuesday so I decided to just submit everything online today. Maybe you can get more questions answered in person, but I'm also not in a rush for a 125% unit since it is more than what I am currently paying and my lease isn't up until June.
In the 80% AMI, there were only three 1-bedroom units available to non-seniors, so it's likely they were gone very early. I wonder if they will try to get you to look at the studios too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery