Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2023, 07:21 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Did you fill out the preference questionnaire before they said you "pre qualify" whatever that means? Did you ask about 80? Thanks for the update btw

I would love to see more floor plans and I hope they give them to you when you ask haha but probably not.

Also, do you think they're contacting you for the second round of docs means they finished with the first 4000 CB cuz that's pretty fast..
Not everyone in the first 4000 could be CB and they also could be in the 80 AMI which is why they would get skipped and jump to 4000. There may be only 100 people in front of her who qualify for 125 ami and have cb its hard to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
Yup, my log# is 42XX in CB haha. Curious to see the different floor plans for every AMI since most posted online are 165%.
Are the ones posted online for the south tower? I have only seen south tower layouts and was curious on north since they definitely have to be different the building is a different shape.

Old 01-05-2023, 07:38 AM

412 posts, read 593,519 times
There are floor plans on one of those apartment listing sites and kissuki linked it. I think it’s apartments. com

And no, by preference I mean at some point they’ll email you a form to fill out and sign and you can specify what type of unit you prefer. I forgot what it’s called. It’s some sort of questionnaire. But definitely ask about 80. You have cb and 3 units is not nothing. Plus LIC is a higher income area so it’s possible the 3 aren’t filled before the 4000 log. Just make sure they calculate your income correctly as well as I’ve heard people complain in other lotteries that their income was calculated too high. Good luck!

But yea, I have no doubt the west facing or bigger one beds are all for 165 anyway..

Last edited by rnt2dh; 01-05-2023 at 07:55 AM..

Old 01-05-2023, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
There are floor plans on one of those apartment listing sites and kissuki linked it. I think it’s apartments. com

And no, by preference I mean at some point they’ll email you a form to fill out and sign and you can specify what type of unit you prefer. I forgot what it’s called. It’s some sort of questionnaire. But definitely ask about 80. You have cb and 3 units is not nothing. Plus LIC is a higher income area so it’s possible the 3 aren’t filled before the 4000 log. Just make sure they calculate your income correctly as well as I’ve heard people complain in other lotteries that their income was calculated too high. Good luck!

But yea, I have no doubt the west facing or bigger one beds are all for 165 anyway..
Oh I just meant that there might not be that many qualifying people in CB up to 4000 which could be why it got to second document round submit so fast. I found the link posted earlier the apartments are large compared to many housing lottery apartments I have seen if the dimensions are true.

Definitely keep us updated with any new information if you learn more or get photos/videos

Old 01-05-2023, 08:03 AM

Also, I’m sorry I’m on my phone so it’s hard for me to reply.

Someone asked about flooding - I’m on the waterfront and I’ve had no issues. I know some higher floors facing west get condensation and issues with windows etc but no flooding. However, keep in mind that Gotham point towers are closer to newton creek and every time it rains, the wastewater treatment plant has to let out some sewage due to overcapacity. And this area is newer with the HPS park extension done recently. So your best bet is to ask in the south tower thread and see if anyone moved in has more info.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Oh I just meant that there might not be that many qualifying people in CB up to 4000 which could be why it got to second document round submit so fast. I found the link posted earlier the apartments are large compared to many housing lottery apartments I have seen if the dimensions are true.

Definitely keep us updated with any new information if you learn more or get photos/videos

I got you I just felt like south tower was super slow and I’m shocked about this progress. They also probably filled all the senior apartments already too. That’s a lot of units in a short amount of time compared to south tower.

Old 01-05-2023, 08:32 AM

95 posts, read 109,964 times
Hmm out of the form packet they had me fill out, I didn't see a preference one. All they said to me was that I pre qualified for 125% in the email and I was just hoping for 80% from the start. Hoping to score something with a nice view! Looking at the floor plans, it doesn't seem like the studios or 1 bedrooms are corner units in the North Tower like the South Tower though for affordable units. I have yet to see a kitchen island in a North Tower floorplan too.

North tower and South tower processing is a bit similar and definitely faster than other buildings, but they always start with preference/CB first. You'd probably have to wait about a month to submit additional documents after your first contact to submit documents on the housing website.

I also contacted Gotham Point market rental and they will start processes in January/February and I already see a listing up for a studio with terrace on streeteasy. I think after these two months pass, process will be more steady and maybe people would be able to view units 2 weeks after their documents are complete.

Last edited by kissuki; 01-05-2023 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-05-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Hmm out of the form packet they had me fill out, I didn't see a preference one. All they said to me was that I pre qualified for 125% in the email and I was just hoping for 80% from the start. Hoping to score something with a nice view! Looking at the floor plans, it doesn't seem like the studios or 1 bedrooms are corner units in the North Tower like the South Tower though for affordable units. I have yet to see a kitchen island in a North Tower floorplan too.

North tower and South tower processing is a bit similar and definitely faster than other buildings, but they always start with preference/CB first. You'd probably have to wait about a month to submit additional documents after your first contact to submit documents on the housing website.

I also contacted Gotham Point market rental and they will start processes in January/February and I already see a listing up for a studio with terrace on streeteasy. I think after these two months pass, process will be more steady and maybe people would be able to view units 2 weeks after their documents are complete.
That's good to know, I contacted them to learn more about the market rate studio, I want to tour even though they will not get to my log for a little bit and I guess it's possible not at all. I have CB currently but I have been offered another unit in a different building. I love the area around gotham point and I run along the water in front of the building every week and if the floor plans are true much larger and more affordable the only downside is how far it is from the subway and no in unit washer and dryer.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:27 AM

95 posts, read 109,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
That's good to know, I contacted them to learn more about the market rate studio, I want to tour even though they will not get to my log for a little bit and I guess it's possible not at all. I have CB currently but I have been offered another unit in a different building. I love the area around gotham point and I run along the water in front of the building every week and if the floor plans are true much larger and more affordable the only downside is how far it is from the subway and no in unit washer and dryer.
Haha let me know how the touring of the market rate studio goes! 4k is outrageous though for a studio, but it probably has the views. I wonder what floors also get better view in the north and south part of the building. I think gotham point has their own shuttle bus that takes you to the stations, I saw it a couple of times while walking my dog. 7 train (10min-15min walk) and G (20min walk) train are nearby, but it's a nightmare when they don't run during the weekends. Overall, very nice to chill in gantry park area though and the ferry is 4$ to get to Manhattan/Brooklyn.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:21 PM

47 posts, read 62,761 times
Quote:

I think the studio in question on Streeteasy is for the South tower, at least that's what it says on the floorplan - I live in the South tower currently and see people in the windows touring so it's moving along at least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery