Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2023, 10:00 AM

200 posts, read 220,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Was able to see the south tower for the market rate apartment and the north tower's amenities. The south tower is very nice and the view on the roof deck is stunning. I asked the broker when market rate north tower units would open and they surprisingly said the entire building is housing lottery which I thought was odd since the website says coming soon. The gym was nice and a decent size and I got to see the resident lounges in the north tower as well, they were not complete yet. They definitely are getting closer but still working on it.
Might response have been regarding the 9-story building? What do we know about that one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2023, 10:31 AM

524 posts, read 509,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Thanks Kate for the update! There definitely are market rates in the north tower. The math for the units doesn't add up plus the floor plans online have in unit w/d in some units.

https://www.6sqft.com/see-the-1100-u...ty-waterfront/

Article says 689 units total in the north tower and there definitely aren't 689 affordable units.

Do you think the amenities are worth 900 a year? lol
Based on the amenities I saw in the market rate tour I think it has a lot of value considering there is nothing nearby in terms of a gym and the gym had just about everything you could need. There did not seem to be expensive additional fees on top of an amenities membership for using the amenities with friends unless you wanted to reserve the whole space on the tour I did for the market rate. You are allowed 3 guests I was told and they did not seem like they would check things so if you have a few more it would not be an issue. He mentioned grills possibly being installed at the north tower but he was not certain and there were large coworking spaces that could double as hosting spots. Also, the north tower elevator has this feature that you are only allowed on your apartment floor with your key, and the amenities so if you didn't pay I think it would be difficult to get to that level it since they can just make your fob not have access.

Old 01-08-2023, 11:24 AM

200 posts, read 208,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
Based on the amenities I saw in the market rate tour I think it has a lot of value considering there is nothing nearby in terms of a gym and the gym had just about everything you could need. There did not seem to be expensive additional fees on top of an amenities membership for using the amenities with friends unless you wanted to reserve the whole space on the tour I did for the market rate. You are allowed 3 guests I was told and they did not seem like they would check things so if you have a few more it would not be an issue. He mentioned grills possibly being installed at the north tower but he was not certain and there were large coworking spaces that could double as hosting spots. Also, the north tower elevator has this feature that you are only allowed on your apartment floor with your key, and the amenities so if you didn't pay I think it would be difficult to get to that level it since they can just make your fob not have access.
This is so useful thank you! Are there grocery stores nearby or in the building?

Old 01-08-2023, 11:52 AM

524 posts, read 509,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blades85 View Post
This is so useful thank you! Are there grocery stores nearby or in the building?
There is a small one called luminescent market that is 5 minute walk and a bigger one 8 minutes away they are both pretty pricey though. Trader joes is the most affordable in the area but it's like a 25 minute walk.

Old 01-08-2023, 12:28 PM

412 posts, read 594,995 times
Luminescent is open 24/7 - sort of a fancy bodega inside the 5203 Center Blvd building.
Urban Market - overpriced and mediocre but it's your best bet for groceries at Gotham.
There's a Foodcellar (similar to Whole Foods) and E & I Deli by the subway.

Anything else is too far to walk to.
A lot of people get groceries delivered. This area basically exploded with high rise apartments and nothing else caught up.. no gym and no groceries. Maybe 3 coffee shops that are all expensive.

If there's a shuttle maybe it'll take residents to court square with more options.

-- It would be interesting if the fobs only get you to your floor.. we'll have to wait and see. I find it kind of .. I don't know, poor door ish? Or is that just me? They could just not give you access to the gym or rooftop or something, instead of restricting travel to the rest of the building. What about laundry?

Old 01-24-2023, 11:59 AM

95 posts, read 110,476 times
Heard North Tower opened 2nd week of January, did anyone hear any updates yet?

Some Market rate rental floorplans are up in their website
https://gothampoint.com/availability...oint+1.24.2023

Last edited by kissuki; 01-24-2023 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 09:32 AM

4 posts, read 5,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
Heard North Tower opened 2nd week of January, did anyone hear any updates yet?

Some Market rate rental floorplans are up in their website
https://gothampoint.com/availability...oint+1.24.2023
I just got an email from different agent requesting additional of bank statements due date 1/31 last Friday.
I am curious about other applicants too.

Old 01-31-2023, 06:16 PM

9 posts, read 10,061 times
Is there any updates on Gotham point north ? Log numbers they’re up too ? Thank you

Old 02-01-2023, 12:01 PM

95 posts, read 110,476 times
I've been in contact with the leasing consultants for the past week over getting my employment verification to them to qualify for an additional unit and finally had my employer submit it to them yesterday.

Today I received emails/calls for updated documents on paystubs, statements and was given the choice to view the units either this week or upcoming week. I decided to set up an appointment for viewing for next week because I would like to delay the process a little longer for moving in since once you view the apartment and get HPD approved (can range up to 2 weeks or more for approval), you have 15 days to move in.

Excited to see the 125% studio and 1 beds this upcoming week! Will keep you posted. Also, Log 4XXX in CB.

Old 02-04-2023, 12:33 PM

9 posts, read 11,468 times
Hi

I’ve been following this thread since the North Tower lottery came out last year. I make around 60 K a year and single. I applied and fall under the 80-125 AMI, but no CB. My log number is 47XX. Realistically, how long do you guys think it would even take to get to my application, by some sort of luck. Would love a straight up answer as I am very eager to get this apartment. I drove past it one day and it’s gorgeous! Parking is the only concern I’d say, and the train is like 10 mins away. It was cold the night I went, and super windy, so I can’t imagine walking to the train in that weather. I did hear that they would have a shuttle to take you, which is cool.

Anyway, thanks guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery