Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 06:40 PM

42 posts, read 44,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
It seems like the long wait also coincides with a log number on the higher end. Which makes sense. Was wondering if people with lower log numbers (under 4000 or 500) also wait months and months.

Some of these places just ask anyone and everyone for docs (so I’ve read) so that also could be part of the reason.
I’ve noticed that trend too. My log is #7X with a disability preference. I hope my wait doesn’t take months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 08:38 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,402,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgirl91 View Post
Hey, so Im in the 4xxx range and I waited about 3 months to hear back from them, I just recently viewed the apartment and I was told that my lease signing will be within the next 2 weeks.
Not bad that’s pretty decent timing for the log number

Old 08-22-2022, 08:40 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,402,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKi_62 View Post
I’ve noticed that trend too. My log is #7X with a disability preference. I hope my wait doesn’t take months.
Best of luck! That’s a great log number

Old 08-23-2022, 05:29 AM

109 posts, read 84,967 times
got a request to submit documents on 6/7
submitted EVERYTHING 6/8
as of 08/22 they are still waiting for a leasing agent to be assigned to me
Log # 14xxx CB

Old 08-23-2022, 06:29 AM

77 posts, read 65,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKi_62 View Post
I've seen a few folks on other threads mention that they've submitted docs and are now waiting to hear back from marketing agents. I'm curious to know: how long have you been waiting?

As for myself, I submitted my docs on 7/16 (deadline to submit was 7/29).
I got emailed to submit initial paperwork on 07/21
I got a second email for more paystubs 08/22
I also received a email from the agent saying to schedule an apartment viewing which I’m going to schedule today 08/23.
My log was 1*
I was emailed for another building back in 04/22 and my number was 2** but the company is reside. So i was probably contacted with no real shot.

Old 08-23-2022, 12:01 PM

42 posts, read 44,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Clear View Post
I got emailed to submit initial paperwork on 07/21
I got a second email for more paystubs 08/22
I also received a email from the agent saying to schedule an apartment viewing which I’m going to schedule today 08/23.
My log was 1*
I was emailed for another building back in 04/22 and my number was 2** but the company is reside. So i was probably contacted with no real shot.
Awesome! Please keep us posted.

Old 08-23-2022, 01:01 PM

13 posts, read 10,493 times
Off of this - if you get asked for documents from the marketing company/SHF, of course do so, and after the window closes - is it appropriate to follow up and check in to see where they are in the process? If so, after how long? I've seen people say about once every two(ish)+ weeks, but wondering what people's consensus is on this.

Old 08-23-2022, 01:45 PM

147 posts, read 164,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmchugh22 View Post
Off of this - if you get asked for documents from the marketing company/SHF, of course do so, and after the window closes - is it appropriate to follow up and check in to see where they are in the process? If so, after how long? I've seen people say about once every two(ish)+ weeks, but wondering what people's consensus is on this.
Honestly. SHF probably found me annoying af cuz I followed up regularly and when I say regularly, I mean excessively. If they told me two weeks I’m calling exactly at the 2 week mark and then some. I sent multiple emails, called numerous times and even called hpd who then contacted them. At some point I reached out to their compliance director as well. They got back to me immediately and then about 2 weeks later they started processing my documents. Don’t be afraid to call them downnnn!!! Especially if they requested the initial set of documents and months have gone by. My partner thinks the only reason we got called was because of my persistence but who really knows.

Old 08-23-2022, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 4,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMocha0608 View Post
Honestly. SHF probably found me annoying af cuz I followed up regularly and when I say regularly, I mean excessively. If they told me two weeks I’m calling exactly at the 2 week mark and then some. I sent multiple emails, called numerous times and even called hpd who then contacted them. At some point I reached out to their compliance director as well. They got back to me immediately and then about 2 weeks later they started processing my documents. Don’t be afraid to call them downnnn!!! Especially if they requested the initial set of documents and months have gone by. My partner thinks the only reason we got called was because of my persistence but who really knows.
Who did you reach out to at HPD? My app been with them since 8/11 and I’d love to follow up.

Old 08-23-2022, 02:32 PM

147 posts, read 164,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjhousing View Post
Who did you reach out to at HPD? My app been with them since 8/11 and I’d love to follow up.
No one in particular, whoever picked up the phone. Here’s the number (212) 863-7990
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: