Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 01:04 PM

30 posts, read 21,929 times

Advertisements

Should I email the project manager? Or is that taking it too far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 04:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,633,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London1Queen89 View Post
It wont let me file an appeal, I guess because filed a complaint.
Your mission is to figure out how to file an appeal. Any rejection of an appeal must be specific and detailed why no approval made. See below.

Ask the Agency how to appeal. Perhaps seek help of Housing Ambassadors.

From Page 33-34 of the Marketing Handbook. I added the bold:
G. APPEALS
1. Applicants are given the opportunity to submit a written appeal to the Marketing Agent to dispute a rejection notice. Applicants who applied in the Original Housing Connect or on paper are also given the opportunity to submit a written appeal to the Marketing Agent to dispute an ineligibility notice, no unit available notice, or low priority notice as they do not have the opportunity to update an application prior to processing. The applicant’s place on the log is maintained while the appeal is under review.

2. Upon receipt of an appeal, the appeal and application must be reviewed by a supervisor, and this reviewer may not be the same person as the initial reviewer. Any questions during appeal review should be directed to the Agency.

3. If the Marketing Agent finds the application still to be ineligible after the appeal review, the appeal rejection notice must provide specific and detailed reasons why an applicant cannot be approved, according to the template provided by the Agency See Appeal Rejection Notice, Attachment H-7.

H. COMPLAINTS
1. The appeal rejection notice will contain information for the applicant on how to contact the appropriate Agency (HPD or HDC) if the applicant has a complaint.

2. If the applicant’s complaint concerns the rejection of their appeal, the applicant must submit their complaint to the Agency within five business days of the appeal rejection notice’s postmark or sent date to initiate a review. Such a complaint must include a written explanation of why the applicant believes the appeal was rejected in error and documentation to support the explanation.

3. The Agency may require that the Marketing Agent hold a unit depending on the circumstances of the case and if units are available.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:36 PM

Default Appeal already.

Quote:
I filed a complaint to get answer to why I was rejected. It says its under review and I left a message with the supervisor. Should I pull the complaint and file an appeal? See I don't know what to appeal because I don't know why I was rejected. Its 2pm on a Friday, I doubt that I will hear anything today.
I see an Appeal as much more value than a Compliant. Just appeal the decision. Say you believe you might the qualifications including Income.
Ask yourself what is more valuable:
A) An answer your compliant as to why you were rejected, and nothing more.
B) An Appeal, which might succeed in getting a unit, and at the very least demands an answer why you were disqualified. And, after the Appeal process you can make a Compliant.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:54 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,397,082 times
Quote:
It wont let me file an appeal, I guess because filed a complaint.
I think you should be able to send in the appeal through regular mail as well if it won’t let you do it online

Old 09-13-2022, 11:16 AM

So today my complaint was reject with no explanation.

I am so confused. With no explanation this makes me not want to apply to anything because I am getting rejected knowing I qualify and they don't care to explain their reason why.

Could someone privately share their HDP contact with me please. I just need answers.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:32 AM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
So today my complaint was reject with no explanation.

I am so confused. With no explanation this makes me not want to apply to anything because I am getting rejected knowing I qualify and they don't care to explain their reason why.

Could someone privately share their HDP contact with me please. I just need answers.
What building was this for?

Old 09-13-2022, 12:42 PM

147 posts, read 164,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by london1queen89 View Post
so today my complaint was reject with no explanation.

I am so confused. With no explanation this makes me not want to apply to anything because i am getting rejected knowing i qualify and they don't care to explain their reason why.

Could someone privately share their hdp contact with me please. I just need answers.
(212) 863-7990

Old 09-13-2022, 01:23 PM

280 20th Street

Basically I shouldn't apply at all. I work in TV and Film. I have never worked every month of the year. I highest I ever made was 94K. My projected income per the CPA 100K.

However, they took one check and times that by 52 weeks and added additional stuff and boom I now make 133K. When I spoke to the rep on the phone I asked them how is that possible? You can see from my work history that I have never worked everyday of the year as a manager.

I make too much for housing lottery and not enough for the landlords in Brooklyn.

I now have to ask my estranged husband for help and he's just loving it. I am so upset. This is what they said.

Their income should be evaluated similarly to the instructions outlined in the self-employment section; however, the evaluation will include both W2 wages and self-employment income. For applicants with “combination income,” the most recent two years of tax returns should be reviewed and evaluated. In the case that an applicant’s income changes after document submission and a determination of eligibility has been made, and such change impacts their eligibility for the unit for which they are in process, the Marketing Agent will only continue processing the application if the change is due to a change in income that is outside of the applicant’s control that can be documented through a third party source. If the Marketing Agent has questions regarding changes to income after document submission, it must contact the Agency (page 42). Based on your Employment Verification dated August 25, 2022 from WBMTY Entertainment Inc. your household income is $2,321.20 x 52= $120,702.40 + $125 x 52= $6,500= $127,202.40 + 2021 Schedule C $5,938= $133,140.40 The maximum income for a single household at 130%AMI is $121,420 Based on the above information, HPD finds no grounds to interfere in the decision regarding your application for this project. Please review our Marketing Handbook: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...dbook-8-21.pdf All applicants to this and similar developments are held to the same standards and subject to the same income calculation criteria. Thank you for your continued interest in our programs, and we wish you the best success in your apartment search. Sincerely, Compliance Reviewer Marketing and Affordability Oversight Program

Old 09-13-2022, 04:13 PM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Not sure how to help you in your current situation but please don’t let this deter you from still applying to other lotteries. Other lotteries might be more understanding of your true annual income

Old 09-13-2022, 04:45 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...tists-don.html

This thread might have useful information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: