Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 12:50 PM

7 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
This has been such a long and stressful ride, I hope everyone is taking good care of themselves.

Dispatch from living in the building(!): Overall, it's really lovely and totally worth the hassle!! There doesn't seem to be all that many people moved in yet and construction is still ongoing on some sidewalks and the building courtyard, but great natural light and super high ceilings. The water has a kind of plastic-y smell and taste, but I read that that's normal for new buildings and goes away after a while (but I do recommend getting a water filter to anyone moving in.) The super seems amazing so far, really responsive and helpful.

The building suggests using Dumbo Moving and Storage, which I did and had a really positive experience. It was hundreds of dollars cheaper than using other groups I got quotes from and they were very fast and professional.

Finally, I've gleaned a bit of building gossip that you all might enjoy:

I heard that during construction there were 2 groups co-managing the project that disagreed bitterly and Plaza had to come in and be a go-between (I'm assuming this is at least part of what delayed the project so much.) Also, when a Spectrum technician came to set up the internet, he said that the building layout is kind of cumbersome for them and that his impression was that the building was opened way before it should have been...

Best of luck everyone!
Ahhh such awesome news and thanks for the insider info haha. I got my raise and it still falls within bracket so fingers crossed all this waiting will result in good news soon!! I wonder if they’re still on CB; might reach out again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2024, 01:12 PM

19 posts, read 7,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesharee92590 View Post
Movers. The building requires movers to have COI to move in. If you need a weekend move in date they charge you a $275 non-refundable move in charge and everyone has a $250 refundable deposit for move in.
How do I get COI? I'm getting quotes from DUMBO for $500 . I thought the 250 was the movers ...

Old 03-15-2024, 06:47 PM

23 posts, read 8,146 times
A COI is a certificate of insurance that the moving company will send to you to submit to the building.it’s usually an additional 40 bucks on top of the move cost. $275 is a non refundable fee the building charges for weekend move ins. $250 is a refundable fee. Movers are entirely separate cost. I found 1 bedroom move quotes are 500-700 (plus tip).

Old 03-18-2024, 10:47 AM

3 posts, read 1,143 times
NEW HERE. Hi everyone. I am in this CB and I was asked to submit docs end of FEB. My log is 17xxx. I qualify within the bracket even with an upcoming raise as a city worker. I have emailed Rikki and she said she will reach out when she gets to my number. What are my chances? I can do Studio or 1BR. I am getting really nervous especially after reading this entire thread....

Old 03-18-2024, 10:53 AM

3 posts, read 1,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaquelyn20 View Post
Luckily there's a laundromat across the street.
I HATE THAT LAUNDROMAT! I used to live on 33 street with a roommate and the amount of times we had to go back home because all the dryers and washers were taken up was ridiculous. It was a card system and sketchy people used to hang out in there. If there are no washer and dryers in these units, then I suggest either using a neighbors machines or making sure you are the first one at 7am at that Laundromat. lol. It is only going to get worse with this building opening up if many don't have washers/dryers....

Old 03-18-2024, 01:46 PM

23 posts, read 8,146 times
There is a laundry room for those who don’t have washer and dryer

Old 03-18-2024, 09:00 PM

19 posts, read 7,706 times
Quote:
Yay!

Old 03-19-2024, 10:48 AM

28 posts, read 10,500 times
Quote:
It's not done yet, but I've been checking on it regularly and it seems like they are working on it, so hopefully soon!

Old 03-20-2024, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 1,529 times
Hey all! My documents were submitted to HPD yesterday for approval CB log 5xxx, so fingers crossed!!

Just curious to see if anyone has signed a lease for April or also had their files submitted to HPD recently.

Old 03-20-2024, 08:01 PM

69 posts, read 50,563 times
Find it interesting that someone with a higher log # was resently called to submit documents. I have CB and I'm a city worker with 16XXX log
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery