Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 06:01 PM

31 posts, read 19,920 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the update. I guess patience is all we can have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 07:34 PM

115 posts, read 69,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky20 View Post
Just got an email " I don’t have any estimated completion date. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates "
Is that was Susan told you? That’s giving me anxiety! I need to resign my current lease by 10/31. I’m praying we hear something before then.

The majority of my documents I sent to them via email, not through HC (aside from the initial documents of course). I wonder what updates she means- like when the review of our applications are complete? Sorry I sound so redundant lol I’m just anxious

Old 09-19-2023, 08:08 AM

17 posts, read 9,897 times
I feel you! I gave up asking for details for a few months. They only seem irritated when I ask. And the responses get shorter and shorter. I’m moving in a month to month sublet waiting for this apartment. Desperate times…

Old 09-19-2023, 08:56 AM

I called HPD to see if they have any more information, but they don’t have anything more than what Reside has already told us. Just that it’s on hold due to construction, they don’t know when it will be completed, but that our documents will be processed once it’s no longer on hold.

Old 09-19-2023, 02:06 PM

45 posts, read 31,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambor718 View Post
Is that was Susan told you? That’s giving me anxiety! I need to resign my current lease by 10/31. I’m praying we hear something before then.

The majority of my documents I sent to them via email, not through HC (aside from the initial documents of course). I wonder what updates she means- like when the review of our applications are complete? Sorry I sound so redundant lol I’m just anxious

Yes , that's what Susan told me via email

Old 09-19-2023, 08:18 PM

Do we get assistance to get out of a lease if we are given an apartment.

Old 09-19-2023, 10:01 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len101 View Post
Do we get assistance to get out of a lease if we are given an apartment.
If you mean assistance from the new lottery building then that would be highly unlikely. It’s not their businesses. Getting a unit in this building is a stand alone event it is all the lottery deals with. It might be possible to negotiate a bit with when your new lease starts at the lottery building but they have no involvement with your present lease or living situation. That is not their mission.

Get a copy of your present lease now and review it about ending it early. With some advance notice your landlord might let you out of your lease with reduced costs. If you are rent stabilized they might be happy to see you go because it means they get to raise the rent for the next tenant.

Call 311 to get some guidance well ahead of time if you need to break a lease. They might be able to refer you to an advocate that can council you. A building manager or agent might just say ‘you have to pay every month left on the lease’ which is not the whole picture.

You have to accept that going from your present building to a new lottery building might cost you something. Aim to reduce the cost. Eliminating all cost is a pretty high bar to clear.

You might start saving money now or seek loan options if need be.

Old 09-21-2023, 09:56 AM

Thank you. I will reach out to 311. Tried reaching out to landlord but haven't gotten a response.

Old 09-28-2023, 11:40 AM

17 posts, read 9,897 times
Check your emails regarding the project. Construction delays, no time frame for completion of the project. Profiles have not reviewed for eligibility or submitted to city. New documentation will be requested when processing resumes.

Last edited by Sheesh123; 09-28-2023 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 09-28-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesh123 View Post
Check your emails regarding the project. Construction delays, no time frame for completion of the project. Profiles have not reviewed for eligibility or submitted to city. New documentation will be requested when processing resumes.
The way I ran to this thread when I finished that email hahaha.

So they have assigned some of us units without actually determining if we were even eligible?

Overall disappointing situation, but I’m hoping good things come to those who wait. I appreciate the follow up, wish they had more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery