Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2023, 07:53 AM

28 posts, read 10,585 times

Advertisements

Unless I'm missing it, I no longer see any kind of date for applications or move-ins on the retail website. Frustrating as it is, I tend to agree with you Tambor, I think it might be Feb...

Also, the photo of the subway entrance that they include on the retail website in the "neighborhood" section has a spooky poster for the new Exorcist movie which feels very fitting for this process lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 04:26 PM

31 posts, read 20,016 times
Lol. Why I went looking for the spooky sign. It is really there. Anyway hope everyone have a happy holiday. Be safe.

Old 12-27-2023, 06:46 PM

69 posts, read 50,946 times
has anyone decided not to go through with this building due to the long wait ?

Old 12-28-2023, 07:05 AM

45 posts, read 31,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmarie15 View Post
No, but I don't think I'll get..log 6xxx with CB.

Old 12-28-2023, 08:30 AM

31 posts, read 20,016 times
Quote:
Hi. I think that I will not go through. The delay has made me consider a lot of things including but not limited to whether the cost is really affordable housing. I would have been in the highest percentile and needing a two bedroom. Maybe just maybe this delay happen because it is not the right fit for me. I am gp and log #1X so believed I had a good chance. Still contemplating if I should formally say not interested anymore or just stand still.

Old 12-28-2023, 09:13 AM

28 posts, read 10,585 times
Quote:
I've thought about this, too. I'm sticking with it, but it's definitely been very hard to live in this much uncertainty. I'm log 3XXX with CB for the 80% bracket studio/1br and I just wish I had some sense of what the odds are of getting it. I honestly can't tell if it's a good chance or no chance at all.

I work in the non-profit world and getting this apartment would mean that I have a real future in the city without having to change careers or live with roommates forever. If this doesn't work out I'm going to consider relocating, which would be really sad for me. But who knows, maybe it would be an exciting new chapter.

Old 12-28-2023, 03:43 PM

115 posts, read 70,800 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting it out and praying

Old 12-28-2023, 09:05 PM

45 posts, read 31,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len101 View Post
Hi. I think that I will not go through. The delay has made me consider a lot of things including but not limited to whether the cost is really affordable housing. I would have been in the highest percentile and needing a two bedroom. Maybe just maybe this delay happen because it is not the right fit for me. I am gp and log #1X so believed I had a good chance. Still contemplating if I should formally say not interested anymore or just stand still.

I say, wait.

Old 12-29-2023, 09:33 AM

41 posts, read 39,284 times
I’m not in a rush to move, but I’d consider this building to be an improvement over my current location. So I’ll keep waiting. The longer it takes, more people will drop out and increase my own chances. Log # 3XX, no CB.

Old 12-31-2023, 10:06 AM

9 posts, read 4,075 times
If your log number is high I would consider other options. There are many people waiting who don’t follow this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery