Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2024, 09:11 AM

28 posts, read 10,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap View Post
Those of you who were contacted to tour the apartment, how did the agency reach out to schedule it? Phone, email, text?

Just wondering if I need to start answering the phone every time I get a spam call.
Back in May, I got a text message about touring the apartment from a rep from Reside. It's possible they tried calling first and I didn't answer (I wasn't expecting an update on this, so wasn't answering calls that seemed like junk.)

Since then, I've only ever communicated with Reside through email or text, but still recommend picking up NYC calls whenever you can. (I'm certainly doing that now!) Good luck!

For what it's worth when the Reside person followed up with me after re-submitting my documents, she didn't know if I had already seen the units or not. (I have since been assigned a unit and my paperwork is with the city) I feel like that indicates to me that if you haven't already toured the units, there's still hope it could happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 09:17 AM

115 posts, read 70,632 times
Random question to those who have been assigned units- are your units on the third floor? I'm wondering if the third floor is the affordable housing floor. I was only shown units on the third floor.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:29 PM

7 posts, read 3,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
Back in May, I got a text message about touring the apartment from a rep from Reside. It's possible they tried calling first and I didn't answer (I wasn't expecting an update on this, so wasn't answering calls that seemed like junk.)

Since then, I've only ever communicated with Reside through email or text, but still recommend picking up NYC calls whenever you can. (I'm certainly doing that now!) Good luck!

For what it's worth when the Reside person followed up with me after re-submitting my documents, she didn't know if I had already seen the units or not. (I have since been assigned a unit and my paperwork is with the city) I feel like that indicates to me that if you haven't already toured the units, there's still hope it could happen!
Congrats!!! That’s great to know since I have never viewed the units yet. May I ask what your log number and AMI% is?

Old 02-14-2024, 06:35 AM

28 posts, read 10,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alooey View Post
Congrats!!! That’s great to know since I have never viewed the units yet. May I ask what your log number and AMI% is?
Thanks! And sure: I'm in the high 3000's but have CB preference and am in the 80% for a 1br. I read somewhere that the market agents sometimes do all the CB people first and then loop back around, so that could be why it's taking longer for some folks to hear back. Also, all the people I toured the building with were CB peeps.

@Tambor, actually none of the units I saw were on the 3rd floor lol– they showed us an example of a few different layouts and said that those specific layouts (for example, units ending in 01, 02, 03) were the units set aside for my bracket on each floor.

Good luck all!

Old 02-14-2024, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
Thanks! And sure: I'm in the high 3000's but have CB preference and am in the 80% for a 1br. I read somewhere that the market agents sometimes do all the CB people first and then loop back around, so that could be why it's taking longer for some folks to hear back. Also, all the people I toured the building with were CB peeps.

@Tambor, actually none of the units I saw were on the 3rd floor lol– they showed us an example of a few different layouts and said that those specific layouts (for example, units ending in 01, 02, 03) were the units set aside for my bracket on each floor.

Good luck all!
Wow! That’s so interesting. I was shown 4 different apartments (there are four 130 AMI 2 bedroom apartments) and they were only on the third floor. They said those were the lottery units.

Old 02-15-2024, 02:41 PM

23 posts, read 8,302 times
My file was approved by city HPD and the management will contact me to sign a lease! Hope you all hear something soon! log 2xxx CB

Old 02-15-2024, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesharee92590 View Post
My file was approved by city HPD and the management will contact me to sign a lease! Hope you all hear something soon! log 2xxx CB
Ahhhhh congratulations!!! So exciting! I just got contacted today to send a couple more documents. I have such a heavy feeling on my chest that it’s not going to work out. But I’m trying to remain positive and remind myself that if it’s meant to be it will be! If I don’t get the apartment, you all need to keep us updated here with how amazing it is. If I can’t enjoy it, I want others to be able to enjoy it! I’ve spent so much time with this that I’m so invested lol.

Old 02-16-2024, 08:02 AM

41 posts, read 39,214 times
OK well if they’re still on CB that should mean that about half of the affordable apartments haven’t been filled yet. That gives me some hope.

Old 02-16-2024, 11:46 AM

Wishing everyone good luck! I will say that the process has been EXTREMELY easy and quick after they get all your documents together. Rikki is really very kind and responsive once it’s your turn. HPD only took a few days to approve and the management company sent lease today after HPD approved yesterday. They are ready to take our rent money for March 1!!

Old 02-16-2024, 11:48 AM

Also - there is a $100 amenities fee (use of roof, community room, bike room, gym)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery