Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2024, 11:33 AM

19 posts, read 7,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1328 View Post
Units reserved for people in the 80% bracket (at least for 1br) don't come with them. Seems pretty ridiculous to me, but here we are lol.
That's so deceiving, I saw the closet for where the washer/dryer was supposed to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 06:01 PM

29 posts, read 12,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaquelyn20 View Post
That's so deceiving, I saw the closet for where the washer/dryer was supposed to be
Yeah we didn’t get washer and dryer in our two bedroom apartment. The super said we can install them if we want.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:04 PM

29 posts, read 12,866 times
I got charged for the amenities package but all the amenities are under construction still.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:19 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Units reserved for people in the 80% bracket (at least for 1br) don't come with them. Seems pretty ridiculous to me, but here we are lol.
Quote:
Hi friends! Hope things are moving along smoothly for those of you still in the process!

Question for my friends who are already moved/moving in: The 80% units don't come with a washer/dryer and I'm wondering if someone whose unit has them can tell me what brand/make the pre-installed ones are? It's a tight space and I'm trying to make sure I get one that fits.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaquelyn20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moods8200 View Post
Yeah we didn’t get washer and dryer in our two bedroom apartment. The super said we can install them if we want.
That is very odd and not sure if the super was right in saying that, I was going to assume that the units are still not fully finished and the washer dryers would be hooked up by the time move in happens.

If you do end up having to install your own, more important than the size would be make sure you get ventless dryer, and also make sure what the voltage is for the washer dryer hookup in the closet. Most W/D are 120V but some can be 230/240V and you have to make sure what you order matches the power hookup

Old 03-06-2024, 07:24 AM

28 posts, read 10,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
That is very odd and not sure if the super was right in saying that, I was going to assume that the units are still not fully finished and the washer dryers would be hooked up by the time move in happens.

If you do end up having to install your own, more important than the size would be make sure you get ventless dryer, and also make sure what the voltage is for the washer dryer hookup in the closet. Most W/D are 120V but some can be 230/240V and you have to make sure what you order matches the power hookup
When I toured the units back in May, the rep from Reside Affordable told us that the 80% units wouldn't come with washer/dryer but we could install our own (but that 130% and market rate all would get them included.) I'm going to call the Housing Lottery # today just to ask if they're really allowed to do that...

But yes, the Super confirmed that the dryers need to be ventless! Didn't know that about the voltage, that's good to know.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:52 AM

19 posts, read 7,787 times
Quote:
When I toured the units back in May, the rep from Reside Affordable told us that the 80% units wouldn't come with washer/dryer but we could install our own (but that 130% and market rate all would get them included.) I'm going to call the Housing Lottery # today just to ask if they're really allowed to do that...

But yes, the Super confirmed that the dryers need to be ventless! Didn't know that about the voltage, that's good to know.
Luckily there's a laundromat across the street.

Old 03-06-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Tbh spending a little money may suck but most landlords put the crappiest of washer dryer units. The rents are low enough and can warrant installing a nice unit if you plan to stay there for a while. Whatever unit you get make sure you get additional warranty and keep up with washer dryer maintenance (cleaning the bottom port on washer regular and washing and cleaning dryer grills inside )

Old 03-06-2024, 09:20 AM

28 posts, read 10,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Tbh spending a little money may suck but most landlords put the crappiest of washer dryer units. The rents are low enough and can warrant installing a nice unit if you plan to stay there for a while. Whatever unit you get make sure you get additional warranty and keep up with washer dryer maintenance (cleaning the bottom port on washer regular and washing and cleaning dryer grills inside )
That's good advice! And agreed, I was mostly just sharing the info – I'm not pressed about having to buy my own, it's such a luxury to even have a hookup for one in-unit. It just seems a little almost passive-aggressive to not buy 18 additional units in a building with 120ish units lol. But, for the 130% folks, if the pics on the Streeteasy are to be trusted, I think they put nice washer/dryers in! (the photos look like the actual closet space, and they show LG ThinQ machines, which are well-rated.)

Old 03-06-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
That's good advice! And agreed, I was mostly just sharing the info – I'm not pressed about having to buy my own, it's such a luxury to even have a hookup for one in-unit. It just seems a little almost passive-aggressive to not buy 18 additional units in a building with 120ish units lol. But, for the 130% folks, if the pics on the Streeteasy are to be trusted, I think they put nice washer/dryers in! (the photos look like the actual closet space, and they show LG ThinQ machines, which are well-rated.)
yup, that is quite petty cuz they get very favorable rates for buying so many machines in bulk.

I did check out the listings and yes LG is quite a nice washer dryer, much better than the Bosch 300 series that a lot of units have and I can verify how damn poopy they can be. The W/D's in the pics look quite well sized and quality as well.

wouldn't hurt asking if you could avail the developers price to acquire a unit, you'd pay for it but worth a try to get it priced at a bulk rate and also knowing that the W/D combo would also fit in the same sized closet

Old 03-06-2024, 10:43 AM

23 posts, read 8,192 times
Yes, the W/D are LG front loaders. I also walked by a laundry room in the building the other day! I think on basement level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery