Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2023, 10:18 AM

31 posts, read 19,963 times

Advertisements

Hi
I saw on a previous post that prospective tenants were able to view the apartments although the building wasn't completed. Have these individuals received any other communications or updates since then.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 10:45 AM

115 posts, read 70,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len101 View Post
Hi
I saw on a previous post that prospective tenants were able to view the apartments although the building wasn't completed. Have these individuals received any other communications or updates since then.
Hi Len! That was me haven’t heard anything yet…that’s why I obsessively check this forum haha. I’m going to go by some time this week and see how things are looking. I’ve seen the construction workers actively working on it within the last couple weeks, which is a good sign that at least they’re working to get it finished. I’ll keep this thread updated when I go by!

If others can also update with any information they see/get, that would be great.

Old 08-28-2023, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 9,911 times
I saw the building back in May and have inquired monthly about the status of when profiles/documents will be submitted to the city. I have received the same vague response each time saying “next month…..next month….maybe next month”. The PM refuses to give more details.

Old 08-28-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesh123 View Post
I saw the building back in May and have inquired monthly about the status of when profiles/documents will be submitted to the city. I have received the same vague response each time saying “next month…..next month….maybe next month”. The PM refuses to give more details.
Maybe we were on the tour together! Lol. Glad to know I’m not the only one waiting. I’ll reach out to her in September and see if there are any updates. From when I last saw it a couple weeks ago (from the outside) the lobby is half finished and a bottom apartment still wasn’t finished.

Old 08-31-2023, 11:27 AM

The lobby looks pretty much finished. All the flooring and walls are installed. But the counter is still a slab of cement. Men were actively working, but the first floor apartments (which look super tiny, by the way) are still very unfinished- still piles of wooden floors and no appliances yet.

If I had to guess, I think we are looking at November to finish. They’re definitely making progress but seems like there is still a lot to do.

Old 09-11-2023, 01:14 PM

31 posts, read 19,963 times
Thanks for keeping us updated

Old 09-12-2023, 09:43 PM

45 posts, read 31,340 times
File processing has paused for this project while construction completes.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky20 View Post
File processing has paused for this project while construction completes.
Sorry if it is self explanatory….but do you know what that even means? Have they heard anything about a finish date?

Old 09-15-2023, 08:52 AM

Sounds like they're aren't doing any next steps with the documents . They didn't mention expected debut date.
I passed by earlier and lobby seems like it's advanced more than the 1st floor apartments

Old 09-18-2023, 03:53 PM

Just got an email " I don’t have any estimated completion date. Please continue to monitor your Housing Connect dashboard for updates "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery