Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 02:50 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times

Advertisements

Several lotteries for Mitchell Lama developments just came online including Lindsay Plaza in Williamsburg, Confucius Plaza in Chinatown, Goodwill Terrace in Astoria, Evergreen Gardens in Soundview and Riverbend in Harlem on Mitchell-Lama Connect. Apartment sizes run the gamut from Studio to Four Bedroom. Most of these are co-ops but at least one (Goodwill) is a rental I think - PDF links are not working for me at the moment so can't check to make sure.

Threw my hat in for Lindsay Park, not feeling Riverbend and Evergreen and not eligible for Confucius Plaza or Goodwill Terrace (I think, I usually make too much for M-L rentals).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 05:25 PM

345 posts, read 853,034 times
Kind of unusual for ML. Makes you wonder, why? Especially since they have an extensive waiting list already.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:57 AM

Well I think these guys are nearing the end of those particular lists although Lindsay Park may be renewing the list because of past improprieties.

Can access the PDFs now - Evergreen is a rental. Goodwill Terrace is also a rental but they look pretty much like market rate prices, with high income threshholds, wonder how they can do that as a Mitchell Lama? I am eligible but not touching that one, also too far from the subway.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:51 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
I noticed the same thing. I wonder what’s going on. Maybe it just happens to be the time where they all need to re-new their waitlists ?

Old 11-11-2022, 02:40 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Goodwill Terrace had a lottery last year in November, and a lottery in 2020 as I recall. Dollar amounts have gone up since last year. I don’t have a copy for the 2020 lottery to reference for comparison. I don’t plan on making a search for it.

You can see pictures and floor plans at the mgmt co web page.

Confucius Plaza co-op is 3 bed, and 4 bed; the dollar amounts for purchase, and for maintenance are remarkably low. It suggests a low threshold for buyer’s remorse

Old 11-11-2022, 03:41 PM

333 posts, read 255,098 times
Does anyone have any experience with Mitchell Lama moving fast? And by fast I mean calling you within a few weeks or month of being accepted into the waitlist?

Old 11-11-2022, 03:56 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevie123 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Mitchell Lama moving fast? And by fast I mean calling you within a few weeks or month of being accepted into the waitlist?
Are you asking only about contact? Yes, within a month or so some buildings make contact with those who won log#s. This is not universal. However, I have not seen anyone move into a Mitchell Lama unit that fast. Although, Goodwill Terrace having three lotteries in three years does suggest fast turnover.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:11 PM

290 posts, read 274,434 times
I wonder if people leaving New York has created a need for filling up waitlists?

Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 AM

57 posts, read 49,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Several lotteries for Mitchell Lama developments just came online including Lindsay Plaza in Williamsburg, Confucius Plaza in Chinatown, Goodwill Terrace in Astoria, Evergreen Gardens in Soundview and Riverbend in Harlem on Mitchell-Lama Connect.
@popartist

Just came online, but where? I can't find them. Could you please provide a link to the page you are describing? Also, if separate, a link to apply? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2022, 10:01 AM

Here's the link, it's still on the old Housing Connect platform:.
https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...rrent-projects
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery