Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2022, 10:11 AM

4 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have applied to my first lottery and received a response. About two weeks ago a building I applied to requested I proved additional documents (i.e. bank statements, pay stubs, social security # etc.). I have submitted the required documents and on my dashboard it shows that application is "under review" and I have a log #2821.

I am new to this so wanted to check what does this mean. Does this mean if I check all their requirements it is likely I will get a spot? or does it not mean much? Anything would help. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 10:28 AM

32 posts, read 31,416 times
It means you're in a decent spot, going further along the process, but don't act like it's a sure thing yet. It takes time for them to process everything, and by the time they review your docs, there's a chance someone with a lower log number than you may have already taken the apartment.

Sometimes you'll be stuck in that status for weeks or months before hearing anything back, so don't get your hopes up.

So you are moving along the process, but think of it more as a decent/good thing, rather than a great thing.

If you do get called up, and it's your turn to view the apartment, and you like it, you may have a pretty good shot at getting the apartment if everything meets the requirements, but again, not guaranteed.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:41 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
I recommend you read the threads in this forum. If you pick one of the longer threads, you can go through the process virtually with applicants. It's a good way to get an overview of the process and see what others have experienced.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:37 AM

421 posts, read 235,248 times
Know that they need your docs on file to do anything, and then you have to keep updating them to stay on the list. If you don't reply to a request to "update for no reason" then you lose your chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery