Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2022, 08:42 PM

69 posts, read 51,421 times

Advertisements

I have a part time job as an Independent Contractor that I started June of this year. The building I applied for lottery will end February 2023 and since my monthly income varies month to month how does one prove to the leasing office the income qualifies for the AMI I am applying for. Has anyone gone through this?

Last edited by Annmarie15; 12-25-2022 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: error with grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2022, 09:36 PM

95 posts, read 77,030 times
I was in a situation similar to yours and this is what the agent working on my file requested since Ive had business income for the past few years. “If you claimed business income then I would need a copy of both the 2020 and 2021 Tax returns (federal and state) along with a notarized 2022 net business income letter”. I found a template online for business verification/ income and I got it notarized. I hope someone can provide more insight on this topic for you

Old 12-26-2022, 06:29 AM

Nicolee11, thanks. I'm a fulltime employee with the DOE but got a side job as a Independent Contractor. Just nervous it will complicate things.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:58 AM

95 posts, read 77,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmarie15 View Post
Nicolee11, thanks. I'm a fulltime employee with the DOE but got a side job as a Independent Contractor. Just nervous it will complicate things.
I was so worried about my documents not being sufficient enough but they were, I googled a template, filled it out, it took less than 15 to edit my information, it was a small paragraph that explained how much I made and I got it notarized and submitted that form. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

Old 12-26-2022, 10:28 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,650,859 times
People with Independent Contractor type income and second part time jobs are eligible for these lotteries and some lucky ones do prevail. Try searching on “self employment” in this forum. There are many posts in different threads.

With luck, the lottery will determine you meet the AMI% bracket that is necessary. If they determine otherwise you can appeal. Appeals do work sometimes but not always.

You might as well start your 2022 taxes as soon as possible. (You have to do them anyway). This will put you in touch with your recent income paperwork.

Check out the guide at the link below. It’s not that many pages and some of it might not apply to your circumstances. You might want to set up a file for the new year and fill new income statements, pay stubs, etc from all sources of income in the file.

Good luck and good patience.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...e_Guide_en.pdf

Old 12-26-2022, 11:27 AM

thanks for the information...greatly appreciated. I am gathering as much information as possible because I don't want to wait until the last minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: