Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2023, 05:20 PM

15 posts, read 18,560 times

Advertisements

Hi!!

Does anyone know if HRA pays first month and security or just security deposit?

I have a section 8 ehv voucher and wondering if anyone else has went through the process with that after you got approved for HC lottery apartment.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2023, 05:57 PM

109 posts, read 84,718 times
they pay first rent and security , if thats what you requesting

Old 01-04-2023, 05:59 PM

13 posts, read 6,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtahCup View Post
Hi!!

Does anyone know if HRA pays first month and security or just security deposit?

I have a section 8 ehv voucher and wondering if anyone else has went through the process with that after you got approved for HC lottery apartment.

Thanks!!

Hi there,

Congratulations on the EHV. I haven’t gone through that process but do know HRA will pay both. They take around 4 weeks to process that. I’d definitely recommend saving as much as you can if you’re working because sometimes, HRA may require you pay them back. EHVs are supposed to provide incentives for a new rental though, including a security voucher (1 month of rent) an additional month of rent to hold during processing, and a brokers fee of up to 15%.

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2023, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weakbeanwater View Post
Hi there,

Congratulations on the EHV. I haven’t gone through that process but do know HRA will pay both. They take around 4 weeks to process that. I’d definitely recommend saving as much as you can if you’re working because sometimes, HRA may require you pay them back. EHVs are supposed to provide incentives for a new rental though, including a security voucher (1 month of rent) an additional month of rent to hold during processing, and a brokers fee of up to 15%.

Good luck!
Thank you for this information!! I had no idea the ehv gave the landlord incentives for the process. I got approved by hpd for the unit, just waiting for the landlord to submit the rental packet. I know between inspection and waiting for HRA to clear the security and 1st month rent might be a long process and was worried the landlord can back out the process if they think its taking too long.

Old 01-14-2023, 02:43 PM

51 posts, read 38,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtahCup View Post
Thank you for this information!! I had no idea the ehv gave the landlord incentives for the process. I got approved by hpd for the unit, just waiting for the landlord to submit the rental packet. I know between inspection and waiting for HRA to clear the security and 1st month rent might be a long process and was worried the landlord can back out the process if they think its taking too long.
If you don't mind me asking, do you still have to submit bank statements when you use a voucher for a lottery unit?

Old 01-15-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summonito View Post
If you don't mind me asking, do you still have to submit bank statements when you use a voucher for a lottery unit?
Yes I still had to submit bank statements and pay stubs ( i am employed). I feel that it is just a formality because when you are using a voucher for the apartment the income guidelines or ami does not apply to you.

For example I work part time, the mini lottery I won had an 130 Ami and minimum income requirement of $83k-$100k. I make no where near that, but because I have a voucher that standard didnt apply to me.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:25 PM

Has anyone gone through the Housing Connect rental process with the section 8 voucher? Im new to all of this and would really like some information on how it worked for others. I got HPD approval and its been a week and the landlord has not submitted my rental packet to section 8 yet. I finally won an apartment but now I have to jump through many hoops just to actually live in it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery