Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 08:38 PM

39 posts, read 43,376 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had the experience of receiving a notification to upload a docs, going back and forth with the agent to upload additional information, and finally sending a rejection notice at HC? How long does it take to give a final notice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 09:05 PM

213 posts, read 215,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNasty View Post
Has anyone had the experience of receiving a notification to upload a docs, going back and forth with the agent to upload additional information, and finally sending a rejection notice at HC? How long does it take to give a final notice?
hey are you talking about a appeal? usually a appeal takes 1-2 weeks for a response, you need to write a written note why you feel you were rejected with document proof how you can make the rent.

Old 01-15-2023, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
hey are you talking about a appeal? usually a appeal takes 1-2 weeks for a response, you need to write a written note why you feel you were rejected with document proof how you can make the rent.

Yes, yes, I may not have expressed myself clearly just now. I have filed an appeal. Thank you for your comments.

Old 01-15-2023, 04:48 AM

250 posts, read 249,910 times
Did they say why you were rejected?

Old 01-16-2023, 04:41 PM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
Why did it reject you?

Old 01-16-2023, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Did they say why you were rejected?
they said that my income is not enough, but actually, my husband works for a car service, and he can report any amount of expenses(gas, car leasing, toll, etc). In another word, we can get any amount of new income. So, we have filed an appeal, but have not heard anything yet.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Why did it reject you?

they said that my income is not enough, but actually, my husband works for a car service, and he can report any amount of expenses(gas, car leasing, toll, etc). In another word, we can get any amount of new income. So, we have filed an appeal, but have not heard anything yet.

Old 01-17-2023, 01:56 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
For self employment they go by your net income and use prior years as a reference for future income calculation (unless you can prove a change). You can’t over report expenses to reduce taxable income and at the same time now under report expenses to gain a lottery apartment.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
For self employment they go by your net income and use prior years as a reference for future income calculation (unless you can prove a change). You can’t over report expenses to reduce taxable income and at the same time now under report expenses to gain a lottery apartment.
I was wondering if we could report less expenses to make our net income higher, because our net income is about the same as previous years, if we still report the same amount of expenses as previous years, we really don't qualify, if we report less expenses to make our net income higher, we would qualify. Of course, we don't just make up an amount, we do have enough evidence, we just don't want to report too many expenses.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:04 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNasty View Post
I was wondering if we could report less expenses to make our net income higher, because our net income is about the same as previous years, if we still report the same amount of expenses as previous years, we really don't qualify, if we report less expenses to make our net income higher, we would qualify. Of course, we don't just make up an amount, we do have enough evidence, we just don't want to report too many expenses.
What you just said was "if we accurately report our actual business expenses, we don't really qualify, should we falsify our income and lie to get this apartment?" Your income when you're self-employed is your business income minus your actual business expenses, this is your net business income (before taxes) and that is what is used in determining if you qualify. If you either hide income, or hide expenses in order to falsely qualify, that is fraud. You obviously have to decide if it is a moral issue for you to lie in this process. You would also be putting yourself at risk of losing the in apartment if your fraud is discovered and could be in legal jeopardy. I can't recommend that you do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery