Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 02:57 PM

17 posts, read 17,205 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm in the process of a lottery that's being managed by City5 Consulting, and I was wondering if anyone can share their experience working with them? I've called them a few times but have never been able to get anyone on the phone only voicemail boxes. If you have - what's the best way to get in contact with them for an update on your application status? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 03:04 PM

32 posts, read 30,964 times
Is this for a building in NYC Housing Connect? Have you been calling City5's general number or have you been trying to contact the specific person handling your case?

In the Dashboard in NYC Housing Connect, if you click your building, there should be a Contact Tab that has the Name, Email and Phone Number of the agent assigned to your case. You may have better luck getting a response from them that way.

I don't think I've contacted anyone from City5 before, but with other companies, when I email the agent directly, as opposed to the company's general contact line, I usually get a response within 1-2 business days.

Old 01-24-2023, 06:41 AM

Yes, this is for a housing connect lottery building! I’ve tried both the general number and the specific persons extension, but haven’t had luck connecting with anyone, and haven’t had any responses to my voicemails. I’ll keep trying!

Old 01-24-2023, 10:04 AM

115 posts, read 68,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbk View Post
Hi! I'm in the process of a lottery that's being managed by City5 Consulting, and I was wondering if anyone can share their experience working with them? I've called them a few times but have never been able to get anyone on the phone only voicemail boxes. If you have - what's the best way to get in contact with them for an update on your application status? Thank you!
I am actually doing paperwork with them right now. They are responsive to me when I email the specific agent but its very general. Went to see an apt before they even asked for paper work in November, told me the process was fast to be ready for a January 1st move. A week later they contacted me to submit documents and spoke to my landlord about breaking the lease to move January 1st.

Well is January 24th and they said I have two log numbers in front of me and they will get to me... have they contacted you for the lottery.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:29 AM

Thank you for this info, this is very helpful! It's great to hear that they are responsive to you. They called me to submit docs in early Jan for a lottery and I have submitted a few additional docs since then and attended an Open House. I've been trying to reach them to get an update on my status and see if they can share how many people are in front of me.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbk View Post
Thank you for this info, this is very helpful! It's great to hear that they are responsive to you. They called me to submit docs in early Jan for a lottery and I have submitted a few additional docs since then and attended an Open House. I've been trying to reach them to get an update on my status and see if they can share how many people are in front of me.
May I ask, what building was this for?

Old 01-24-2023, 10:59 AM

This is for 8 Marcy

Old 01-24-2023, 01:32 PM

Good luck! LEt me know how the process is for you

Old 02-08-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ellis View Post
Is this for a building in NYC Housing Connect? Have you been calling City5's general number or have you been trying to contact the specific person handling your case?

In the Dashboard in NYC Housing Connect, if you click your building, there should be a Contact Tab that has the Name, Email and Phone Number of the agent assigned to your case. You may have better luck getting a response from them that way.

I don't think I've contacted anyone from City5 before, but with other companies, when I email the agent directly, as opposed to the company's general contact line, I usually get a response within 1-2 business days.
Hi! Wondering how you are doing with this? I have not received anything from them in like a month.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgome013 View Post
Hi! Wondering how you are doing with this? I have not received anything from them in like a month.
Hi! I'm still under review and haven't had any updates in the past two weeks, but they were responsive to me when I emailed in late Jan. Which building are you waiting to hear about?

I'm definitely eager for more info but trying to strike the right balance of being patient vs. following up for updates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery