Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2023, 06:12 PM

36 posts, read 40,101 times

Advertisements

Anyone applying to Brookyln Crossing with a CITYFEPS-HRA Voucher?

After being approved for my brand new apartment at Brookyln Crossing last Thursday with log number 1523

The next step in this process after my case worker submits the landlord package to DSS approval. ( That can take anywhere from 15-30 days )

I just hope Dss approves me, my case worker has instilled fear, doubt and insecurities in me as she has not been helpful with anything for me for three years.; she always gives me wrong information saying most times she doesn’t know yet not finding information out and by doing her job!
Before I was approved for my apartment she kept saying I will never get approved and that it is a waste of time to apply for an apartment as Dss will typically only approve clients under extenuating circumstances.

Thoughts anyone?

Also my ass worker for three years has veered me away from moving ( as it would be more paper work for her ) telling me that I will never get accepted for an apartment because it is not fair for tax payers to pay taxes for HASA clients that just feel like moving.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2023, 06:21 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Isn't Brooklyn Crossing somewhat on the expensive side of lotteries? I didn't think anyone making over 130 AMI+ would qualify for a City Feps Voucher.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:22 PM

191 posts, read 199,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Isn't Brooklyn Crossing somewhat on the expensive side of lotteries? I didn't think anyone making over 130 AMI+ would qualify for a City Feps Voucher.
I’ve heard if someone have a voucher and it covers the entire rent, income doesn’t matter. Not 100% sure if this is true

Old 01-26-2023, 06:50 PM

213 posts, read 215,606 times
SEC8/CityFHEPS will most likely approve it!! HASA i heard will only approve apts with heat/hot water included .... good luck anyways. keep us updated on your journey!!!

Old 01-26-2023, 06:59 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
City voucher program is GD generous, you'd be surprised at what it will pay.

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hra/downl...6r-english.pdf

https://citylimits.org/2021/11/01/ny...-for-renewals/

Old 01-26-2023, 06:59 PM

15 posts, read 18,472 times
Quote:
As a fellow voucher holder (section 8 ehv) ami’s and minimum incomes does not apply to us that have vouchers. I got approved for an apartment 130 AMI with minimum income requirement of $84k-130k and I make nowhere near that.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post

After being approved for my brand new apartment at Brookyln Crossing last Thursday with log number 1523

The next step in this process after my case worker submits the landlord package to DSS approval. ( That can take anywhere from 15-30 days )

I just hope Dss approves me, my case worker has instilled fear, doubt and insecurities in me as she has not been helpful with anything for me for three years.; she always gives me wrong information saying most times she doesn’t know yet not finding information out and by doing her job!
Before I was approved for my apartment she kept saying I will never get approved and that it is a waste of time to apply for an apartment as Dss will typically only approve clients under extenuating circumstances.

Thoughts anyone?

Also my ass worker for three years has veered me away from moving ( as it would be more paper work for her ) telling me that I will never get accepted for an apartment because it is not fair for tax payers to pay taxes for HASA clients that just feel like moving.
Dont be discouraged ive dealt with incompetent caseworkers and it took a whole year to get my ehv voucher due to mistakes made by them. I advocated for myself and did my own research, i got approved for my apartment and it just passed inspection. Still waiting for the green light to move in. It is a stressful process believe me but it will be worth it in the end. Good Luck!

Old 01-26-2023, 07:05 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzii View Post
I’ve heard if someone have a voucher and it covers the entire rent, income doesn’t matter. Not 100% sure if this is true
How do I know what FHEPS is going to pay my landlord and how much I will have to pay?

The amount of a household’s FHEPS rent supplement will depend on your household’s income and
the number of people in your household. The amount is decided when your FHEPS application is
approved.

Many families will have their entire rent covered by FHEPS and their CA shelter allowance. However,
there are two important exceptions when you or a household member may be required to pay a
portion of your rent:

• If someone in your household receives CA and has income, such as from a job.
• If your household includes someone who is not required to be on your CA case, such as
someone who receives SSI.
You must pay your landlord the difference between
what HRA pays and the amount of your rent.

Explains why city can put homeless and shelter persons into 'luxury" so called "affordable" or "low income" lottery housing, something they do all the time.

Old 01-26-2023, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
How do I know what FHEPS is going to pay my landlord and how much I will have to pay?

The amount of a household’s FHEPS rent supplement will depend on your household’s income and
the number of people in your household. The amount is decided when your FHEPS application is
approved.

Many families will have their entire rent covered by FHEPS and their CA shelter allowance. However,
there are two important exceptions when you or a household member may be required to pay a
portion of your rent:

• If someone in your household receives CA and has income, such as from a job.
• If your household includes someone who is not required to be on your CA case, such as
someone who receives SSI.
You must pay your landlord the difference between
what HRA pays and the amount of your rent.

Explains why city can put homeless and shelter persons into 'luxury" so called "affordable" or "low income" lottery housing, something they do all the time.
Not everyone that has a voucher is necessarily homeless or in the shelter. And whats it to you?

Old 04-28-2023, 04:29 PM

13 posts, read 10,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post

Thoughts anyone?

Did you move in? I hope so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery