Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2023, 12:05 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times

Advertisements

Once the deadline for submission has passed, that's when the reviewers will start looking at all the submissions.

Until then, even if someone submits their work right away, the reviewers won't look at it until the deadline has been reached. And even then, it can take a while for them to review all the submissions and determine eligibility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
I include family support in my income but it’s paid once a year. I sent the bank records from last year but they want to see more recent deposit which I won’t get for a couple of months. I also submitted an affidavit from family, resubmitting again later today notarized. Is this going to be an issue ie once a year deposit for supplemental income?
I don't know if one time payments will be considered income, if possible have it sent in two maybe three installments so it can qualify for a reguar basis etc

Old 09-07-2023, 08:45 AM

50 posts, read 46,861 times
Is capital gain in tax return considered income for these applications?

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Is capital gain in tax return considered income for these applications?
If I remember correctly, they'll choose the higher of last year's W2/tax return income reported or current income. Not sure how they treat unrealized gains but my gut tells me they should realize gains unless youve cashed out investments and have had a tax event in the current year, as the previous years realized gains were captured in your tax return

Old 09-08-2023, 08:57 AM

57 posts, read 49,747 times
Just as I thought I was getting closer to the end of the process after submitting more documentation i feel like the process is just getting slower. Still haven’t heard a word from them in over 2 weeks now.

Old 09-08-2023, 01:35 PM

9 posts, read 8,497 times
Hi All,

I got a request for additional documents today.

One of them asks for a lease and proof of rent payments.
I have been living with a family friend since the pandemic and have not been paying rent. There is no lease. Will an affidavit of residency stating this be sufficient? Has anyone else encountered this? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Old 09-08-2023, 01:52 PM

394 posts, read 371,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking05 View Post
Hi All,

I have been living with a family friend since the pandemic and have not been paying rent. There is no lease. Will an affidavit of residency stating this be sufficient? Has anyone else encountered this? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
If you can get the letter notarized should be fine. Btw, are you sure you’re not in CB4? You might have CB preference but no knowing it.

Old 09-08-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking05 View Post
Hi All,

The use of an affidavit of residency is a good initial step in the process, and obtaining notarization of the document can strengthen its credibility. Moreover, if you are residing with family or friends, it would be beneficial for that individual to provide evidence of their tenancy, such as utility bills or a lease agreement, to further support your application.

Old 09-08-2023, 06:06 PM

13 posts, read 11,868 times
i got additional documents request too today, and yes it asks for current lease or notarized landlord residency letter. In the letter you can state how much rent/utilities is paid by applicant (0 if none) and you can use a copy of their lease/mortgage payments and utilities to show that they are the ones living and paying there, im in the same situation living at my brothers place that he bought.

Old 09-09-2023, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 619 times
Default Pronto Housing error

Hi, I just got a request to submit additional documentation through Pronto Housing. I've been trying to upload my latest checking account statements, but the Pronto Housing portal keeps saying "Something went wrong saving the file". Has anyone experience this? Does anyone know how to fix this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery