Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 08:21 AM

2,011 posts, read 1,631,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykingz View Post
oh yea best to do is appeal and follow up daily by asking whats the next step, hopefully they respond in a timely manner
I agree SR76. Be polite and persistent. The process is not efficient. Seems like docs submitted one place don’t get to other people that need them and such like. As I understand it, the appeal is handled by separate people. You might send a brief note to the agent saying you are appealing and you believe you qualify for the larger unit. I think it is written somewhere that units are supposed to be held if an appeal is made but I worry that might not happen by mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 08:30 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
As I recall, that scenario is covered in the Marketing Handbook. They confirm with the authorities that all cb log#s have been contacted but the cb allotment remains unfilled. Once this is established they are allowed to contact log#s without cb preference to offer those units remaining.

I am not guessing that filling the cb allotment will be a problem here. The location is too desirable for that. The CB allotment is any combination of units that amount to 50% of all the units. It is not 50% of the studios and the other sizes, nor 50% of the 70% AMI units. There can be a tendency for the smallest and most expensive units to be the last ones filled.

I have not seen the spreadsheet but I assume there are many log#s not on it. There are plenty of people who don’t know this forum exists, and others that do but never post.

Eventually, if units remain unfilled a new lottery for those units is an option. Also, sometimes a free month of rent is offered as an enticement.
Thank you for the information. I read the marketing handbook but haven’t seen this happened before so it got me wondering

Old 09-18-2023, 10:33 AM

50 posts, read 46,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I agree SR76. Be polite and persistent. The process is not efficient. Seems like docs submitted one place don’t get to other people that need them and such like. As I understand it, the appeal is handled by separate people. You might send a brief note to the agent saying you are appealing and you believe you qualify for the larger unit. I think it is written somewhere that units are supposed to be held if an appeal is made but I worry that might not happen by mistake.
Thank you. I got the same feedback from the woman I spoke to on the HPD helpline. I redrafted my appeal to make it just factual without being subjective. It’s now being reviewed by a supervisor. I believe I have one more appeal left and then a HDC complaint. Hoping to get approved in the first appeal. Fingers crossed, and toes.

Old 09-18-2023, 11:06 AM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberbaber View Post
Thank you much!

1. Amenities are half open / half not. A lot still under construction. The pool is still technically closed I believe, but I've jumped in once or twice now (before the weather gets bad). It's currently unheated so not the most enjoyable experience when its 65 outside.
2. Yes - not busy at all as of now. Like at all. Only 50% of the building is occupied right now according to the Super.
3. I believe $100 for gym and grilling + $500/yr for pool. They still have not organized those payements yet in BuildingLink. I believe per home, but not 100% sure.
4. Water pressure is very solid, not the most intense I've ever experienced, but I'm pretty picky and its very good.
5. Very respectful so far, unit is super quiet and no issues with smoke smell (yet).
6. Haven't cooked yet, but the vent exhaust is straight back into the kitchen, so I can't imagine it does much but circulate the air through the apartment.

Hope that helps! Looks like the pictures you linked are pretty extensive. There's two grills on the grilling terrace. Not sure about a sink, haven't been back up since I toured the building the first time.
Thanks for the update, does your lease not mention or clarify the amenity fees and the other fees.

Most faucets are grohe / if you want additional pressure lookup how to remove flow limiter/ restrictor to get even more pressure.

Yes most units have a circulator but there should be an exhaust baffle (right above the stove or around there that takes out air constantly from the kitchen, not as good as an exhaust but still takes out smells slowly but surely)

Would you mind sharing your AMI and unit size, I am assuming you were placed in the South tower !

Old 09-18-2023, 08:12 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Seems like almost everyone in the spreadsheet has gotten contacted. I wonder would it be possible if the reached all the cb applications but can’t fill all the cb units? Since they still have 50+ units need to be filled for cb. If that’s really the case what will happen next? Will they reopen the lottery for people to apply?
According to the marketing handbook:

If, after all applications have been processed, the community preference cannot be filled, the Marketing Agent must notify the Agency indicating how much of the preference has been achieved.

For projects marketed in the New Housing Connect, all applicants on the community preference batch(es) must have a final disposition indicating they have been processed. After review, the Agency may waive the remainder of this preference and authorize the Marketing Agent to proceed with the remainder of the log sequentially.

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf
page 37

It looks like the remaining units that were set aside for community residents will be placed in general pool. New lottery will only happen when all the applicants have been processed including general pool.

I doubt that would happen. This building is located in a very desirable area. Also, don't forget there are a lot of people who are not in the spreadsheet and applied through snail mail. It will be interesting to see that happens tho.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:51 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
According to the marketing handbook:

If, after all applications have been processed, the community preference cannot be filled, the Marketing Agent must notify the Agency indicating how much of the preference has been achieved.

For projects marketed in the New Housing Connect, all applicants on the community preference batch(es) must have a final disposition indicating they have been processed. After review, the Agency may waive the remainder of this preference and authorize the Marketing Agent to proceed with the remainder of the log sequentially.

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf
page 37

It looks like the remaining units that were set aside for community residents will be placed in general pool. New lottery will only happen when all the applicants have been processed including general pool.

I doubt that would happen. This building is located in a very desirable area. Also, don't forget there are a lot of people who are not in the spreadsheet and applied through snail mail. It will be interesting to see that happens tho.
That’s what I read too but never seen that happened. I have a feeling this may happen to this building. According to what they told me. They still have about 50 more CB units need to be filled and they pretty much contacted all the CB who are on this forum. I’m sure there are people who are not here or never put themselves in the spreadsheet but I doubt there are more left maybe some but we will see

Old 09-20-2023, 12:55 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemeaway138 View Post
I got emailed to send in documents on 9/1/23 but I'm unsure or what that actually means. My log number is so high it's 63xx. I'm not feeling to hopeful
what was your deadline to submit, if the form is correct you do have a disability preference and have hope.

The team from my knowledge doesnt look at submissions till the deadline has passed, if there are other log numbers before you theyll process them and come back to you if you are still in the queue for a set aside unit.

Old 09-20-2023, 01:47 PM

11 posts, read 9,844 times
My deadline was the 19th of this month. Question? When doing the paperwork on Pronto is there a submit button? Mines show continue but I have submitted everything.

Old 09-21-2023, 06:24 AM

11 posts, read 9,844 times
Pronto responded and told me they can see my documents, so now its a waiting game.

Old 09-22-2023, 07:04 AM

42 posts, read 38,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Thanks for the update, does your lease not mention or clarify the amenity fees and the other fees.

Most faucets are grohe / if you want additional pressure lookup how to remove flow limiter/ restrictor to get even more pressure.

Yes most units have a circulator but there should be an exhaust baffle (right above the stove or around there that takes out air constantly from the kitchen, not as good as an exhaust but still takes out smells slowly but surely)

Would you mind sharing your AMI and unit size, I am assuming you were placed in the South tower !
south tower, 1bed no island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery