Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2023, 04:11 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Same here, I’m a single mom on disability and honestly this is my only shot to secure long term housing. When I submitted my application I was told there are two units in the mobility category. I don’t know the availability status but I believe I’m in the running for one of them. They clarified that someone with a higher log in this preference shouldn’t get in front of me until my application is complete. As mentioned before I still have two more appeals left. Keeping fingers crossed, and toes.
Sending you the best vibes and prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Are you on the spreadsheet? There is another candidate in mobility also seeking a 2 bedroom with application under review FYI.
Yes, I just updated my log and info on the spreadsheet, I would love to be actually considered for a unit if my log number can find a unit when I am actually reached for processing.

All our log numbers are quite close but also still quite high. I am manifesting it to be a long term for me as well

Old 09-30-2023, 12:50 PM

42 posts, read 44,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post
Hi guys!

Been traveling haven’t been on here in a while but just sending an update with my situation.

After a long process and going thru self employment verification paperwork I was approved!

1-BR 70% AMI but I’m a bit torn because I went to view the unit it’s on the M line and it was smaller than I expected. I’m in a studio now on 21st and the 1-BR doesn’t seem much bigger. I was really hoping to get a unit with the WIC because I definitely need the extra storage space (I have a child on the way) but I got one with the island which has two closets and in my opinion aren’t that big. I’m now looking to see if they would allow me to take a look at another unit within my AMI because if this is it I might not take it

Bittersweet.
I would highly recommend taking the 1 bedroom. Unless you are in a rent controlled apartment now, the fact that they can only raise the rent 3% a year on a already inexpensive unit will save you loads of money in the long term. Average rent in the city is up over 50% compared to ten years ago. In a rent stabilized unit, you will be paying the fraction of the increase that the general population is, and your savings will grow over time. Aside from that, I have been here about a month and everything has been lovely so far. There are storage rooms if you are concerned about space and spending time in the amenities means you never have to feel cramped in your apartment. I have been doing work in the common spaces and it's like living in an office building, very lovely.

Old 09-30-2023, 12:52 PM

50 posts, read 46,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Sending you the best vibes and prayers.
You too!!

Old 10-03-2023, 08:40 AM

57 posts, read 49,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNYKr212 View Post
Hi guys!

Been traveling haven’t been on here in a while but just sending an update with my situation.

After a long process and going thru self employment verification paperwork I was approved!

1-BR 70% AMI but I’m a bit torn because I went to view the unit it’s on the M line and it was smaller than I expected. I’m in a studio now on 21st and the 1-BR doesn’t seem much bigger. I was really hoping to get a unit with the WIC because I definitely need the extra storage space (I have a child on the way) but I got one with the island which has two closets and in my opinion aren’t that big. I’m now looking to see if they would allow me to take a look at another unit within my AMI because if this is it I might not take it

Bittersweet.
Hey! Did you end up asking if you could switch to a different unit? Any update on what happened?

Old 10-03-2023, 05:32 PM

9 posts, read 8,500 times
I just got a second email asking for more documents and for me to sign to have my credit checked, etc. fingers crossed!

Old 10-03-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezking05 View Post
I just got a second email asking for more documents and for me to sign to have my credit checked, etc. fingers crossed!
yasss,

that is very promising. Happy for you !!!

Old 10-03-2023, 06:27 PM

11 posts, read 8,231 times
Was anyone offered free months or anything like that as an incentive? Should I even inquire about that once they reach my log?

Old 10-03-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpnomad View Post
Was anyone offered free months or anything like that as an incentive? Should I even inquire about that once they reach my log?
I think that would be pushing it but never hurts to ask, what is your log number range, AMI and unit size youre interested in ?

Old 10-03-2023, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 8,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I think that would be pushing it but never hurts to ask, what is your log number range, AMI and unit size youre interested in ?
I’ve heard of it happening so often, so I was just curious if it was happening in this building. I’m 5xxxx with CB. They reached out for additional docs last week and I am waiting to hear back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery