Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2023, 04:59 AM

531 posts, read 412,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
From what I was told, all the lottery 2-bedroom are claimed. It was back in the beginning of Oct.
How did you get confirmation for this ? I thought they weren’t able to tell you what kind of units were left
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2023, 06:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,292 times
Does anyone know if there are any 1 bedrooms left?

I'm in GP with one of the lowest log numbers I've ever gotten. Would love this apartment to work out. Can't help but think there will only be studios left once they get to GP.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:34 AM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
How did you get confirmation for this ? I thought they weren’t able to tell you what kind of units were left
I emailed them and asked about it. One on the agents was kind enough to reply me. In the beginning of October, they said they were still less than 35 units required to fill for CB. Also, they don’t have a time frame for GP. I think it could take longer than we thought.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:44 AM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrojub View Post
Does anyone know if there are any 1 bedrooms left?

I'm in GP with one of the lowest log numbers I've ever gotten. Would love this apartment to work out. Can't help but think there will only be studios left once they get to GP.
What’s your log/AMI if you do t mind I ask.
Based on the spreadsheet, most people who won the lottery got 1br. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is no 1br left when they reach GP but I’m praying for the miracle to happen.

Old 10-25-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
I emailed them and asked about it. One on the agents was kind enough to reply me. In the beginning of October, they said they were still less than 35 units required to fill for CB. Also, they don’t have a time frame for GP. I think it could take longer than we thought.
Did they say how many 1 br are left for 70/80%?

Old 10-25-2023, 08:48 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Now you understand why certain persons don't like CB preference and have taken legal action to prohibit the practice.

CBP is great if you're someone living in certain areas (say much of Manhattan), but for those seeking to move out of other areas into something better....
If you look at a large number of buildings though, you see that most buildings in the highly desirable areas in Manhattan and BK don't have CB preference at all. More of a pure lottery in those cases. Ruby was more of the exception rather than the rule.

Old 10-25-2023, 11:49 AM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Did they say how many 1 br are left for 70/80%?
I got an update today that there's a limited # of 1-bedrooms overall still available (which doesn't clarify how many, but at least we know there's potential for this to continue for another month or so; it's also not tied to any AMI %, just overall quantity). The North Tower is also still very under construction and they may offer some there too as they finish construction, right? Fingers crossed for you guys!

Old 10-25-2023, 11:51 AM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
This was confirmed for me as well; when I asked if I could see both 1 and 2-beds I qualified for, was told no 2-beds remaining.

Old 10-25-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
I got an update today that there's a limited # of 1-bedrooms overall still available (which doesn't clarify how many, but at least we know there's potential for this to continue for another month or so; it's also not tied to any AMI %, just overall quantity). The North Tower is also still very under construction and they may offer some there too as they finish construction, right? Fingers crossed for you guys!
Are you CB? I really hope they will have 1br left for GP

Old 10-25-2023, 12:29 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery