Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2023, 08:34 PM

10 posts, read 9,480 times

Advertisements

Hey ! Just wanted to share my detailed housing lottery experience. Thought I'd shed some light for those who are playing the waiting game or just unclear on how the process works. Again every experience and time frame is different but this was mine. Also this was for a re rental or "mini lottery" as some call it.

Timeline:

January 11, 2023 : They reached out for documents with a deadline of January 18th.

January 17th: Submitted all my documents right before the deadline. Took a bit longer because I work full time and needed a lot of documents notarized.

January 18: Filed out the 41 page application which included consenting to a background check and obtaining your tax records.

January 18th: They responded saying my documents and application were submitted to the 'person in charge' aka a resident selector.

January 19th: Resident selector reached out asking for a bunch more documents, and asked me to clarify my non pay roll deposits for the last 6 months. Was given a deadline of January 26th.

January 21st: Submitted everything, again took longer because required more notarizing.

January 23rd: Resident selector emailed me saying "just a reminder your deadline is approaching" I let them know I submitted everything the 21st. They didn't receive the documents for some reason, so I had to re-submit. They were very nice and responsive.

January 23rd (later in the day) : Asked for more documents

January 24th (first thing in the morning): Submitted the rest of the documents

January 24 (about an hour later): Confirmed the documents were received and they told me my file was being submitted to 'Compliance' for review.

January 27: I reached out to the resident selector via telephone for updates, she politely told me there weren't any updates yet.

January 31st: Reached out to resident selector again via email. She stated that approval process would take atleast 2 weeks . She explained my file was sent to compliance and then would be sent to HPD (this whole time I thought compliance and HPD were the same thing) anyway she said I was assigned to a unit pending approval. She was very nice and I always make sure I am very pleasant and professional whenever I email.

February 10th: Received an approval email! I am scheduled to view the apartment on Tuesday. Was given instructions on how to pay my rent if I accept the unit and was told I could sign the lease through DocuSign.

If I can give anybody any advice who is currently waiting , be patient ! Don't lose hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 09:12 PM

21 posts, read 21,712 times
Thanks for the info! I was recently told to submit documents for an apartment but not sure if I submitted them correctly but hopefully I sent them what they’re rare looking for but either way do they contact you back to let you correct them?

Old 02-11-2023, 09:35 PM

10 posts, read 9,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline66 View Post
Thanks for the info! I was recently told to submit documents for an apartment but not sure if I submitted them correctly but hopefully I sent them what they’re rare looking for but either way do they contact you back to let you correct them?
In my case yes because I had made a mistake on my application and they were nice enough to email me to correct it. Good luck !

Old 07-17-2023, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,439 times
Thank you. This information is very helpful. I'm currently waiting for my approval from HPD. Already have an assign unit.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:30 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I'm amazed you had to notarize so many documents! I'm glad your story has a happy ending. Thanks for posting, and congrats!

Old 08-06-2023, 10:40 PM

17 posts, read 11,493 times
Congrats! This is super helpful, I'm waiting on HPD approval now. Had no idea it had to go to compliance first!

Old 08-07-2023, 08:09 AM

172 posts, read 243,325 times
Congrats! Being patient is the hardest thing to do.

Old 08-10-2023, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,095 times
That's so fast!
I applied around March, asked for documents in June, more documents in July, more documents in August. Finally approved in September, moved in in October.
Good luck everyone!

Old 08-17-2023, 12:27 PM

63 posts, read 37,444 times
I received my 2nd email to fill out a questionnaire and a Bank Affidavit listing all of my checking deposits which weren't paychecks, which I sent back last night - I had a deadline to submit it by tomorrow. Does anyone know what stage I am in if they are asking for this additional information after I submitted my first round of documents a few months ago? Thanks!

Old 08-17-2023, 12:39 PM

76 posts, read 70,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurryHillMomma View Post
I received my 2nd email to fill out a questionnaire and a Bank Affidavit listing all of my checking deposits which weren't paychecks, which I sent back last night - I had a deadline to submit it by tomorrow. Does anyone know what stage I am in if they are asking for this additional information after I submitted my first round of documents a few months ago? Thanks!
What property management company is the lottery with? If it’s Reside I’d be shocked. They’re the worst. If it’s for the 2nd round of documents that’s a good sign = )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: