Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 09:58 AM

136 posts, read 116,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I've been on here for a little over a year. I learned so much about affordable housing and housing in this city in general.

I have not been able to land an affordable housing unit but I did find a rent stabilized unit last month in an area I really like.

This game of affordable housing is rough! To those still looking dont give up but also look at market rate units simultaneously. You never know if you'll come across a decent RS unit.

Finding a place in general is a different kind of struggle for us here in this city! We got this!
This is exciting new. I am so excited for you. You won it my not have been an HC lottery but you won tby doing the work and finding a RS placed for yourself and that is ultimately the hope to find something that is stabilized and affordable. Good luck to you, if any of the lotteries you have entered reach out to you you can still consider but if not you are still living your dream.
Stay awesome and positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2023, 12:28 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Congratulations on the new digs. Enjoy. You might update your lottery profile to your new address and so on, just in case they reach out to you a long time from now. If you feel the thirst again to enter a lottery try wait list lotteries because typically they have a longer wait time so you don’t need to keep up with the progress all day and every day.

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 02-16-2023 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-16-2023, 01:12 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
I'm so happy that you found a rent stabilized unit! But I hope that doesn't mean you will no longer post here!

Old 02-16-2023, 07:03 PM

213 posts, read 215,606 times
I am happy that you have found a place, you have been sooo close so many times with low logs but understanding sometimes the logs aren't low enough!!!! wish you well!

Old 02-16-2023, 07:36 PM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Congrats on the new apartment Thanks for always being so helpful and kind on here. You will be missed!

Old 02-17-2023, 08:38 AM

37 posts, read 37,819 times
Congrats to you! This is a great message because sometimes we get so caught up in the hoopla of the affordable housing lottery, we lose sight of the ultimate goal, which is to find rent-stabilized affordable housing that matches our needs and standards. We can find this outside of the competitive housing lottery system, and you are the proof.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:37 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
If you've found a RS unit you like, that's a win to me.

Old 02-19-2023, 05:56 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Congratulations on your new place and best of luck to you in any future endeavors you decide to step into. Honestly, to find affordable, rent-stabilized apartments outside of these lotteries and be happy is the real win.
Thank you!

Old 02-19-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
GG is one of the sane and helpful ones on here. Live well.
Hahah thank you!!

Old 02-19-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
This is exciting new. I am so excited for you. You won it my not have been an HC lottery but you won tby doing the work and finding a RS placed for yourself and that is ultimately the hope to find something that is stabilized and affordable. Good luck to you, if any of the lotteries you have entered reach out to you you can still consider but if not you are still living your dream.
Stay awesome and positive.
Thanks! Will do, & yes applying for the lottery now is way less stressful but something I will continue to do just incase- you never know lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: