Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 09:07 AM

87 posts, read 58,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
I just got selected to submit documents too and I’m log number 4xx.
Interesting! Are you applying for the 1 bedroom or one of the 2 bedrooms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 10:13 AM

293 posts, read 223,878 times
I was going for one bedroom but I just withdrew my application. With only 1 apartment available, I don’t feel like going through motions of submitting documents with such a low chance of getting it. Apartment seems small and is already more than I pay currently for a one bedroom. I hate when they ask hundreds of people to submit documents — seems like a waste of effort and emotion for me. I’d rather daydream about something else lol.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I was going for one bedroom but I just withdrew my application. With only 1 apartment available, I don’t feel like going through motions of submitting documents with such a low chance of getting it. Apartment seems small and is already more than I pay currently for a one bedroom. I hate when they ask hundreds of people to submit documents — seems like a waste of effort and emotion for me. I’d rather daydream about something else lol.
Did you get far enough to see the actual 1 bedroom apartment? If you saw it - is it really small?

I hate that they are having hundreds of people submit docs at a time. It's so annoying.

Old 02-23-2023, 01:17 PM

No I didn’t even submit documents. I read that the one bedrooms are around 575sq ft which isn’t too small but I work from home so I don’t want to downsize from where I am now AND pay more.

So annoying! I’ve applied to over 100 lotteries, have been requested to submit documents for at least ten and never have even gotten to the interview phase. One had me come and view the unit and then I found out it had already been taken.

Old 02-23-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
No I didn’t even submit documents. I read that the one bedrooms are around 575sq ft which isn’t too small but I work from home so I don’t want to downsize from where I am now AND pay more.

So annoying! I’ve applied to over 100 lotteries, have been requested to submit documents for at least ten and never have even gotten to the interview phase. One had me come and view the unit and then I found out it had already been taken.
That's so frustrating. It seems like they are having hundreds of log numbers submit documents at a time and showing to a bunch of people just to weed out people, so a lot of people get their hopes up. It makes sense on their part, but it feels really ****ty when you feel like you have a chance. Considering I'm log 9XX and you were 4XX, and there are a bunch of people in between us who are probably also submitting docs, I'm going to try to not get my hopes up.

Old 02-23-2023, 03:49 PM

Yes but I have found the two bedrooms tend to fill slower than the studios and one bedrooms, so if you are looking for 2 bedroom you may have a shot! I wouldn’t get my hopes up until I am literally signing the lease. I’ve read people have a log number <10 and still don’t get an apartment!

Old 03-03-2023, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 364 times
I was asked to upload documents as well and my log is 4xx. I’m waiting to hear back. But I’m confused as to what being asked to upload documents means as it appears multiple people are being asked to do so…

Old 03-04-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue32 View Post
I was asked to upload documents as well and my log is 4xx. I’m waiting to hear back. But I’m confused as to what being asked to upload documents means as it appears multiple people are being asked to do so…
Are you applying for a 1 or 2 bedroom?

Old 03-20-2023, 10:45 AM

50 posts, read 36,886 times
contacted for docs a week or two ago for 7xx

Old 04-12-2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb2022HL View Post
contacted for docs a week or two ago for 7xx
Have you heard any updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery