Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 09:02 PM

191 posts, read 200,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Not sure, but I think a bedroom requires a door and a window. I suspect there is a min ceiling height.
Yikes! They could’ve at least put a closet in there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2023, 06:05 AM

53 posts, read 35,509 times
I also rejected one. I’m currently in a 1 bedroom and the 2 bedroom apartment I was offered not only cost more than my current apartment but was much smaller. The front door opened into a kitchen. It was open concept and my sofa and dining table could not fit. I feel that my bedroom is almost the size of the 2 bedrooms together. It was by RESIDE, almost all of their buildings have the same inside layout.I told him you must be joking. These people are crazy! The are building boxes. A friend of mine, her Queen cannot fit into her bedroom that’s crazy.

Old 03-11-2023, 02:14 PM

31,940 posts, read 27,048,330 times
Latest study by Rent Cafe (if you want to believe them as a reliable source) says average apartment sizes have increased slightly in Manhattan. Rest of city things aren't so good.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...rough/4120686/

What continues to be true however is numbers are skewed by true luxury construction. In Manhattan you have eff tons of new luxury housing (and more is coming) where apartments are larger.

In an other interesting twist wealthy areas of city such as UES in Manhattan have actually lost total housing units. This is due to either apartments being combined to make larger units and or new construction replaces existing buildings but given total allowable FAR and lot size far less apartments are actually built. In short these buildings have less apartments but they are on average larger. Again this is all at true high end luxury housing.

https://www.thecity.nyc/housing/2021...in-past-decade

Old 03-11-2023, 03:26 PM

233 posts, read 307,977 times
I’ve seen at least two lottery apartments that did not have enough room to walk around a full bed in any of the bedrooms. They were re-listed as “unit still available.”

Old 03-14-2023, 08:02 AM

421 posts, read 233,047 times
Agree and as a note, there is no more 165/200 AMI. 130 AMI rent is the new 200 AMI from years ago with a max income of $80,000 less from max to max. So they say someone making $80k less a year can potentially afford the same rent. LOL LOL

Old 03-14-2023, 09:20 AM

33 posts, read 40,972 times
I said no an apartment and my lottery number was ONE. My queen bed would not fit in the bedroom and there wasn't even a closet in the room. They didn't give me a choice of units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery