Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 07:57 AM

293 posts, read 224,918 times

Advertisements

Yes! And it could not be a gift or loan and that amount needed to be in my account for at least three months prior to that date. The agent said it was so they knew I could afford closing costs I guess but that not entirely true because if all the sudden I was able to get 22k into my bank account to cover the costs it still would not count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 07:48 PM

41 posts, read 26,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Yes! And it could not be a gift or loan and that amount needed to be in my account for at least three months prior to that date. The agent said it was so they knew I could afford closing costs I guess but that not entirely true because if all the sudden I was able to get 22k into my bank account to cover the costs it still would not count.
Wow that seems unreasonable. Was there any qualifier like if your income is slightly higher can you have a lesser amount in savings? I got an email to submit documents but lol I don’t have 20 grand in savings.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:47 PM

That’s a good question! I’m not sure.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:41 AM

41 posts, read 26,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Did you get to see the unit? First impression?
I’m anxious/excited about being called back.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:53 AM

I didn’t see the apartment but they will show it to you before going through the whole application approval process. The guy sent me an email saying the apartments were 495square feet and 504squarefeet:

The Apartments are small and have limited closet space, so it's important for you to view the units to determine if the space is adequate for your household.

The available Apartments are 2 Bedrooms located on the 4th and 5th floor of this walk-up building. Please see floor plans.

You will notice that the bedrooms are designed in the
"Railroad" style. This means that you must pass through one bedroom to access the other.

Although a 2 bedroom can be sold to households of 2 through 5, they are most suitable for smaller household sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery