Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 12:00 PM

182 posts, read 126,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
So, the marketing handbook says something along the lines of the agency having to work with tenants and help them through the process and so on.

In my case, everything was in line (salary etc), I think one single document out of 23 or so didn't upload properly, and even though I asked the agency to check everything was ok before the deadline they refused. So it was an oversight. All of a sudden "boom! Rejected, you missed the deadline, one piece of paper was missing", even though I had tried my best and in good faith, uploaded everything again for the appeal and so on - again, appeal wasn't read, just a copy paste and ditto on to the HPD people. Absolute joke of a system with seemingly zero oversight from the top.

I've been though the process several times before and every other agency works with you to draw attention to missing docs, give you extra chances to submit and do everything in their power to help you through the process and be communicative and heplful (as they are supposed to).

As for the people who neglected to do their jobs - may a bird poo on them every day forever. Depressing that such corruption can flourish.

But yes - thankfully for me it worked out in the end and it was one dodgy building who acted this way to tons of other people in the lottery as well. Hope your appeal goes better than mine did.

welp, got the notification today and hpd sided with the agency... and after they go over your complaint there is nothing to do after.... just keep applying. staying hopeful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2023, 03:28 PM

453 posts, read 501,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
welp, got the notification today and hpd sided with the agency... and after they go over your complaint there is nothing to do after.... just keep applying. staying hopeful.
Sorry to hear that. I know how it feels. Here's hoping you get called to another good one soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: