Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2023, 08:42 AM

19 posts, read 15,087 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

So I got rejected for being over income since the agent used my retirement account gains as income. I appealed immediately, switching the status to 'appeal under review' and 2 weeks later my application on the portal switched to 'application under review'. I assumed this meant my appeal was successful. Another 2 weeks go by and I email the agent again to ask about the status. I get no response after 2 emails, but after the 2nd email, it was rejected again.

My application now lets me appeal again so I appealed again on the portal, switching my status to 'appeal under review'. I never received an official rejection letter for either rejection. So now I emailed the HPD compliance line my complaint, and I get a response saying 'Please submit your complaint through the portal.'. I'm a bit confused here since the handbook attachments say to email your complaint. I don't see anywhere on the portal/application where you can submit a complaint.

I'm thinking of contacting my councilperson to help because I'm being ignored by the marketing agent.

Anybody who has gone through a complaint have any insight or tips? Also, If your application is in appeal status do they hold your unit? Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2023, 12:51 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
As I recall, the original Agent would not be involved in the Appeal. Instead separate people look at the matter. If this is correct it would be sensible for the Agent to not reply about it.

It could be that the function that allows for a Complaint does not become active until the Appeal is resolved.

Contacting your City Councilor, Assembly person, State Senator are all good thoughts.

I believe you are correct about retirement accounts. You might consider contacting building management at the executive level because if you are correct they have made a serious error. Be prepared to site the page in the Handbook and other official resources. Informing your representatives in government can be wise due to seriousness of the error.

Old 04-26-2023, 04:01 PM

44 posts, read 47,072 times
Can you click on "Show previous application status reasons" next to the photo of the building? That's where the info was for me. Complaint should show up as an option next to Appeal.

Old 04-26-2023, 04:22 PM

19 posts, read 15,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtheparty View Post
Can you click on "Show previous application status reasons" next to the photo of the building? That's where the info was for me. Complaint should show up as an option next to Appeal.
https://imgur.com/a/dwZldz1

I only see household / documents / appeal / comments / contact

Old 04-27-2023, 12:13 PM

44 posts, read 47,072 times
Sounds like the appeal has not been judged yet then. As much as it sucks, it sounds like you have to wait until some decision is made.

Old 04-27-2023, 12:38 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
take your time doing your complaint cos once it's sent you can't dispute anything they say.... they really messed me over... they deducted over 200$ from my voucher saying its protocol for "utilities" putting me under the rent amount, i was told that rule was only for city fhpes not sec 8... i never heard of this... but it seems a new way to f over people with programs.

Old 08-30-2023, 11:29 AM

11 posts, read 12,186 times
Is this reside New York marketing ?

Old 08-31-2023, 07:34 AM

52 posts, read 48,449 times
So I’m going threw the same thing. Yesterday my my file said the appeal was under review and now it says the application is under review. They first denied my file because of income which my agent was confused because my partner and I meet the criteria and my agent made sure of that. We submitting so much paperwork to her to prove that we did. So once HPD denied my application my agent told us to appeal right away.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:29 AM

78 posts, read 28,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgia View Post
Hi everyone,

So I got rejected for being over income since the agent used my retirement account gains as income.

Anybody who has gone through a complaint have any insight or tips? Also, If your application is in appeal status do they hold your unit? Any help would be appreciated!
Sorry to read this! Such a PITA that these people are not doing they work properly - like the process is not stressful enough!!
How did the appeal go? Did you get your unit in the end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery