Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2023, 03:11 PM

111 posts, read 101,340 times

Advertisements

To all those posters who claim to have a connection:

Would it be nice if these lotteries were required to post the log number on HC, like the ML.
And be required to keep it up to date.

Can I please hit the Back and go to the page that I was on, instead of always starting at page 1?

Can you put a star or something on a lottery so that I know I entered it already?

What else would be this system better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2023, 03:31 PM

828 posts, read 773,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post

Can you put a star or something on a lottery so that I know I entered it already?
Great idea.

I asked for this directly, months (maybe years) ago - no response - nothing.

Old 05-18-2023, 03:34 PM

168 posts, read 176,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post

Would it be nice if these lotteries were required to post the log number on HC, like the ML.
And be required to keep it up to date.

Can I please hit the Back and go to the page that I was on, instead of always starting at page 1?

What else would be this system better?
On the current site I believe it says “applied” in applications and also states whether or not you meet the income/household size when applying. Mitchell lama also has less requirements, no preferences & one set income bracket

Old 05-19-2023, 05:24 AM

Found this on the HC website in the FAQ section under, "How do I contact NYC Housing Connect?"

Do you have a question or feedback for us? Please send a message to nychousingconnect@hpd.nyc.gov. Your comments will assist us in improving the site.

We value your feedback, and we do our best to answer questions in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to all messages.

You may also call our applicant hotline at 212-863-7990. We answer calls from 9am to 5pm on weekdays, and respond to voicemails left at other times.

Changes won't happen unless we ask.

Old 05-19-2023, 05:31 AM

200 posts, read 208,782 times
Filter by new properties added

Old 05-19-2023, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
Filter by new properties added
Didn't know that we could do this. Please explain how. Thanks

Old 05-19-2023, 05:49 AM

200 posts, read 208,782 times
Haha no it's not a feature currently but I would love it to be added as a feature- it's crazy that we have to search through to find new properties if they don't have a long deadline for application

Old 05-19-2023, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
Haha no it's not a feature currently but I would love it to be added as a feature- it's crazy that we have to search through to find new properties if they don't have a long deadline for application
Ahh, gotcha - my mistake - oops! And yes, another great idea. I never know which are the new postings - very annoying.

Old 05-19-2023, 06:37 PM

228 posts, read 306,793 times
There were some good features about the old housing connect that I really liked that didn’t make the cut. Honestly, the single page with a list of every open lottery and lottery you applied to, along with the status of buildings and your log number, was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery