Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 09:40 PM

64 posts, read 86,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyamin230 View Post
Its 11: 21 pm and we have to deal with loud music coming from this same neighbour. Called 911 and was asked to call 311 because its not an emergency. This is a Neighbour who dont work and break all rules in the book. For the record building is 1111 commonwealth avenue in the bronx. Management is not really helpful too.
I just found out this project sent me a offer back in 2022.... I was upset I missed it, but you're making it seem like a blessing.

While doing a Uber eats drop off, I saw how they destroyed the intercom and the package room was a mess. Like someone went through packages right there. I hope things get better for you in your remaining time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2023, 12:26 AM

523 posts, read 508,095 times
My old market rate building had this issue. We had a mentally ill neighbor from the floor below who did not live below our unit but didn't understand how layouts work spin kick our door and the 3 next to us almost every day because he couldn't figure out who lived above him. We were told that when management moved the formerly homeless in for a covid tax break they were not allowed to do anything about them other then file police reports each time he came up and threatened to kill us. The other two people that were formerly homeless that I figured out were also kind of a disturbance but not generally violent. One was a woman who frequently had domestic violence calls and drugged up or drunk men passed out on the ground outside her door we would have to walk over to get to our apartment. One of her partners literally was going after her so fiercely he bent and beat down the metal door and it could not be closed. Meanwhile during the day she'd shake a tattered Bible at people as they walked in in the lobby.The other was a creepy old man who hit on me frequently and every time you walked by his door it smelled rancid and like human ****. I believe there were some lottery units in the building as well but normal lottery tenants were not the issue. Moving into my lottery apartment was a refreshing change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery