Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2023, 01:46 PM

3 posts, read 6,326 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I just checked the status of my application for the apartment I'm currently under consideration for and it went from "under review" to "review complete". What does this really mean? Did I get approved? Denied? Or will I have to submit more paperworks. Sorry if this question was already asked, I'm new at this and don't really have much knowledge.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2023, 01:57 PM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid47 View Post
Hi all,

I just checked the status of my application for the apartment I'm currently under consideration for and it went from "under review" to "review complete". What does this really mean? Did I get approved? Denied? Or will I have to submit more paperworks. Sorry if this question was already asked, I'm new at this and don't really have much knowledge.
It means start packing, you can start your lease whenever the leasing team reaches out to you max 30 days post the HPD approval date.

Sometimes if the building isn't ready for a move-in and needs more time they can push start data even later than 30 days.

If you are willing to move right away you could even ask for a 10/15 or an 11/1 start date provided the building is ready.

Many congratulations, wish you the very best for your new home and pursuits.

Old 10-05-2023, 02:01 PM

93 posts, read 88,627 times
Quote:
Hi all,

So happy for you - congratulations!

Old 10-05-2023, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
It means start packing, you can start your lease whenever the leasing team reaches out to you max 30 days post the HPD approval date.

Sometimes if the building isn't ready for a move-in and needs more time they can push start data even later than 30 days.

If you are willing to move right away you could even ask for a 10/15 or an 11/1 start date provided the building is ready.

Many congratulations, wish you the very best for your new home and pursuits.
Thank you!! This has been a crazy roller coaster, I always had that feeling of the rug being pulled under me during this whole process as I've been let down before with other apartments. I guess I can finally rest and put my mind at ease and wait for the lease signing. Thank you!!

Old 10-05-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcLES View Post
So happy for you - congratulations!
Thank you!! If you're going on this journey I wish you good luck as well.

Old 10-05-2023, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Thank you!! This has been a crazy roller coaster, I always had that feeling of the rug being pulled under me during this whole process as I've been let down before with other apartments. I guess I can finally rest and put my mind at ease and wait for the lease signing. Thank you!!
Awesome, dont forget to e-invite us to your house warming party !!

Old 10-05-2023, 05:38 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Hi all,

when you go to completed it should say united accepted wait for your agent to give you next steps, i have had things go to complete and it was rejected. did your agent let you know it was approved? well wishes!

Old 10-05-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
when you go to completed it should say united accepted wait for your agent to give you next steps, i have had things go to complete and it was rejected. did your agent let you know it was approved? well wishes!
No way, housing connect showed the review was complete and you were rejected for the unit ?

I am very curious to know why HPD rejected you and what came of the review completed.

Unit accepted is after the completed review and you signing the lease you and the agent is supposed to let HPD know that the lease was signed, and thats when it shows accepted on the portal.

Last edited by nevinasb; 10-05-2023 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-05-2023, 06:37 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
No way, housing connect showed the review was complete and you were rejected for the unit ?

I am very curious to know why HPD rejected you and what came of the review completed.

Unit accepted is after the completed review and you signing the lease you and the agent is supposed to let HPD know that the lease was signed, and thats when it shows accepted on the portal.

oh i want to clarify when the application is moved from under review to complete ... i had this happen, i thought it was complete cos i got the unit but it said no unit remaining last year.

Old 10-07-2023, 05:45 AM

93 posts, read 88,627 times
Quote:
Thank you!! If you're going on this journey I wish you good luck as well.
Thank you - currently under review! (fingers crossed)
Wishing you an amazing weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery