Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2023, 01:11 PM

50 posts, read 58,165 times

Advertisements

Can someone please explain to me , so I’m someone who applies to pretty much all the postings my income is pretty low I work part time and I have a cityfheps voucher for a 1 bedroom I think they only provide $2,380 + 30% of my income towards rent I’m under review for 3 properties none of which is within my household income I believe for example the latest 1 that requested I submit docs is AMI 130% the rent for 1 bedroom’s is $2620 and their eligible income is 89K + their apart of the 421 a tax exempt program so my question is why am I being picked to submit documents will they adjust the rent according to my income with my voucher because I don’t think I meet the income requirements I have my real income listed and I listed I have a cityfheps voucher so I’m wondering is there another way of processing for families with vouchers I just don’t wanna get my hopes up. I would think they would find me ineligible when they reach my log numbers but that’s not the case and my log numbers are extremely low as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 01:47 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,639,492 times
General thought. Yes, enter all the postings for your income. But don’t ignore posting for a bit more than your income, and a bit less. This is because the various dollar amounts listed are subject to adjust over the course of time and the process can take long enough that the dollar amounts might adjust on you before you get called to proceed. I don’t know, but I would guess that your voucher might increase at some point.

I don’t know why you are being asked to proceed when it seems like you might not qualify. I suggest you proceed with guarded optimism. At the least, you gain experience with what is often a confusing process that can produce surprises.

What you think the answer is on Income + Voucher could be different from their answer. You are allowed to appeal rejections made on Income because mistakes get made.

Old 10-20-2023, 04:49 PM

50 posts, read 58,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
General thought. Yes, enter all the postings for your income. But don’t ignore posting for a bit more than your income, and a bit less. This is because the various dollar amounts listed are subject to adjust over the course of time and the process can take long enough that the dollar amounts might adjust on you before you get called to proceed. I don’t know, but I would guess that your voucher might increase at some point.

I don’t know why you are being asked to proceed when it seems like you might not qualify. I suggest you proceed with guarded optimism. At the least, you gain experience with what is often a confusing process that can produce surprises.

What you think the answer is on Income + Voucher could be different from their answer. You are allowed to appeal rejections made on Income because mistakes get made.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking maybe they have another way of calculating voucher + income because there’s also several that didn’t request documentation and they found me ineligible ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery