Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2023, 04:30 PM

21 posts, read 10,456 times

Advertisements

I have received my lease renewal for my stabilized apartment . It has included a sheet that says lease renewal application that includes my social security number and work info for me to fill out , do I legally have to fill this out for my lease to be renewed ? Just wondering if anyone has also received this in their lease renewal package.

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 04:53 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptowngrl89 View Post
I have received my lease renewal for my stabilized apartment . It has included a sheet that says lease renewal application that includes my social security number and work info for me to fill out , do I legally have to fill this out for my lease to be renewed ? Just wondering if anyone has also received this in their lease renewal package.

Thanks !
Every apartment rental application both market rate and regulated asks for same basic information. Didn't you supply SSN and work info when applying for apartment? Has there been a change in LLs or managing agents?

That being said opinion is that if LL did not ask for such information prior to renting RS unit they cannot do so at renewal. https://www.metcouncilonhousing.org/...ease-renewals/

Old 11-10-2023, 05:22 PM

21 posts, read 10,456 times
This is a lottery apt I did not have this rider in my original lease .
I do not mind filling out tenant information but other than I feel is unnecessary .
Thank you for the link !

Old 11-11-2023, 08:00 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,592,897 times
Every time I renew my lease, I fill out only the information I want the landlord to have, usually an emergency number. I include a note saying that according to the law, RS tenants are not required to supply any additional information, as it says in the helpful link that Bugsy provided.

Old 11-11-2023, 06:35 PM

21 posts, read 43,369 times
If its only that your lucky. My renewal i had to include all and i mean ALL documents as if I was submitting the lottery again. Taxes, 6 Pay stubs, work letter verification, 6 months bank statements, transaction details (zelle) like something as simple as a transfer from a family member for $10 paying me back for something we ate etc for transactions within the 6 months bank statements. There was one transfer that was made when you make enough points from my Amex to my bank account and they wanted a statement from my credit card to verify this was not an additional bank account I had that could potentially be a checking/savings account. I literally told them its my credit card im not submitting that. Like there was where i drew the line because not even hpd asked for credit card statements. I told them that if they requested anything else i will reach out to hpd because some of the docs they were asking were simply ridiculous and repetitive.

If i had 6 pay stubs and you verify those same paystubs being direct deposited into my account why would you give me a work letter verification for my HR department to fill out stating my bi-weekly salary and HR had to email it directly to my leasing office. This felt even more invasive than when i won the lottery they didn't ask for that. They just asked for a letter stating when i got hired and my my yearly salary which i handed it directly to them not HR.

Last edited by Penelope1199; 11-11-2023 at 06:50 PM..

Old 11-13-2023, 07:07 AM

421 posts, read 233,683 times
I wonder which program your building is in? Your question sounds more like a Mitchell Lama then a true RS renewal.
I have the NY rent stabilization rider included in every renewal and they have not asked me for anything other than a signature for the past 3 renewals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery