Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:41 PM

46 posts, read 14,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshindiya View Post
They said they chose 4 family and we are on second position. They also pre approve for the mortgage. I don’t know what’s happening. They told us to give 5% down payment we agreed so why they asked if it’s not sure that we will get the house don’t know
hey any good news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 06:39 PM

35 posts, read 14,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexusC View Post
hey any good news?
Not yet. They will let us know within a week

Old 03-08-2024, 01:03 AM

507 posts, read 473,580 times
Hope everything works out for you , it’s hard finding a place! Let us know any updates

Old 03-08-2024, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
Hope everything works out for you , it’s hard finding a place! Let us know any updates
No hope. I know we r not getting the house.

Old 03-11-2024, 07:42 AM

75 posts, read 119,457 times
Quote:
Log 15x got called this morning only qualify for one house and I went by it and it looks a bit small like a mobile home I think I might withdraw
gm Sarah, any update for the house you were qualified for.

Old 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM

46 posts, read 63,649 times
15xx

Old 03-11-2024, 10:02 AM

507 posts, read 473,580 times
I added up my income for last year and realized that I didn’t qualify so I rejected myself

Old 03-11-2024, 10:48 AM

75 posts, read 119,457 times
I applied to this Habitat in 2018 when they had their first round of homes in queens. They didn't post it on housing connect like they were suppose to, so it was a first come first serve basis, for months they kept sending me letters saying their still reviewing my application, then after 6 months I was told that because of a repo that happened 5 years before that I wouldn't be qualified (even though I got the car back within a week, if I knew better I could've worked on getting it removed from credit. After rejecting me, they invited me the office and offered me to sign up for a 5 week financial program called "getting ahead, which I would received a certificate of completion ( which is no longer offered, certificate was only valid for a year). They said after completing it, they would be able to offer me a home if I apply again within the year. Guess what, I went and completed the program, no home was available until now, so my offer was expired.

I called the office for this project, they said even if they wanted to pull my application, they couldn't because its a number and not a name. The prices for homes and income limit was so much lower, my mortgage would've probably been $800 If i was excepted.

Old 03-15-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Update- got their call today and they are saying to see the property on Thursday. And again she is saying that doesn’t mean you are getting the house the person ahead you doesn’t say no yet. So we are waiting for their response bt you can also see the property if you want to see. Doesn’t make any sense. Don’t know how much time they need to make up the decision. Frustrated!!!!

Old 03-16-2024, 12:51 AM

46 posts, read 14,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshindiya View Post
Update- got their call today and they are saying to see the property on Thursday. And again she is saying that doesn’t mean you are getting the house the person ahead you doesn’t say no yet. So we are waiting for their response bt you can also see the property if you want to see. Doesn’t make any sense. Don’t know how much time they need to make up the decision. Frustrated!!!!
I know it is frustrating but go see the house! the fact that the people before you are taking so long to decide says a lot! I’m just waiting for you to tell us it’s yours!!!! did the people before you see the house already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery