Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 PM

6 posts, read 13,307 times

Advertisements

One of the tenant members committed crime for stealing my two credit cards from my mailbox and he admitted this act in the police station.

Furthermore, my tenant is facing eviction but they have not moved out yet due to they hire a legal aid attorney to submit 2nd appeal. (1st trial is made to move out 8/31 and 2nd trial is confirmed to move out by Oct 31) The reason is they are waiting for housing inspector to be scheduled in next two weeks for the new apartment.

I was told that there would not grant any section 8 voucher if they have been evicted. Does anyone know if the Housing will still grant an voucher to my tenant?

Where do I report to the Housing Dept to suspend her/his section 8 due to crime activity in our premises.

Appreciate your advice. Tks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 AM

10 posts, read 11,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKNMC View Post
One of the tenant members committed crime for stealing my two credit cards from my mailbox and he admitted this act in the police station.

Furthermore, my tenant is facing eviction but they have not moved out yet due to they hire a legal aid attorney to submit 2nd appeal. (1st trial is made to move out 8/31 and 2nd trial is confirmed to move out by Oct 31) The reason is they are waiting for housing inspector to be scheduled in next two weeks for the new apartment.

I was told that there would not grant any section 8 voucher if they have been evicted. Does anyone know if the Housing will still grant an voucher to my tenant?

Where do I report to the Housing Dept to suspend her/his section 8 due to crime activity in our premises.

Call the NYCHA Fraud Dept. as well as the NYCHA Eviction Unit to get rid of those undesirable Section 8 tenants. Their numbers are (212) 306-3355 and (212) 306-8500.

Try to get a copy of the police report to show proof of their illegal activities and explain to them the situation in detail. Tell them that you want their vouchers to be discontinued due to their illegal activities as it is stated in their HAP contract.

Get the name of the person you spoke with and a referance number or case number so you can follow up on the status of the case. Good luck in removing those Section 8 undesirables...ugh!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:

You reap what you sow.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:41 AM

6 posts, read 13,307 times
I called eviction unit, the gentlement told me that my tenant is still in the program. As far as I know, it should not receive any subsidize from the Section 8 if my tenant is going through the eviction proceedings.

Any suggestions to let the Housing Dept to know she is being evicted and committed crime.

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:44 PM

220 posts, read 372,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You reap what you sow.
That helped a lot, I'm sure. Not all Section 8 are lowlifes, criminals, evictees, buffoon.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 PM

220 posts, read 372,048 times
Quote:
I called eviction unit, the gentlement told me that my tenant is still in the program. As far as I know, it should not receive any subsidize from the Section 8 if my tenant is going through the eviction proceedings.

Any suggestions to let the Housing Dept to know she is being evicted and committed crime.

Thanks for your help!
No one who is evicted is to continue on Section 8. Ask to talk to someone in authority over whomever you spoke with at Section 8. I'm a tenant under City/County in Honolulu. A frustrated landlord could go directly to the mayor's office. Also, embarrass them. Write to your local papers. NO ONE, good tenants included, want bad tenants to be receiving Section 8. That is why Section 8 has a bad rep. and it hurts the program, landlords, good tenants, all lose.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
If they're still in the program, it sounds like sheer clerical laziness.

Quote:
Get the worms out of the Big Apple. To report someone ripping off the City, call the Department of Investigation at (212) 825-5959.
Site: NYC Department of Investigation

Source: December 2010 release on housing fraud: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doi/download...12.30.2010.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City