Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM

243 posts, read 681,900 times

Advertisements

Hello ! if anyone has anything to contribute, please do. Hopefully the list will be published soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM

does anyone currently work for the city in this position and have any advise ?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 16,774 times
I just recieved my List number, would anyone know what is the next step, or how many are in front of you to be called?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM

ok got my list # today... and i should have figured by all the traffic to this page that the cards were mailed out and mostly received yesterday. i did not get a great score but i think my list # is pretty good. very low 3XX... if anyone has their list # register for this site and post up. this will be invaluable to people with higher list #'s than you because you can explain the process and give everyone a heads up when they start calling for background checks and medicals.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaemt View Post
I just recieved my List number, would anyone know what is the next step, or how many are in front of you to be called?
the next step is for you to be called in for medical / background check. post up your list # so people can get a feel for when they will be called. BTW one of my friends took the test and got the same score as me but because of the date he filed his application to take the test his list # is around 700.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 55,115 times
Default List Number

Hi. I'm in the low 50's on the list. Do any of you know how people are placed on the list? I got 100 and ended up in the low 50's on the list.

Best regards,

G.E.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griztkojr View Post
Hi. I'm in the low 50's on the list. Do any of you know how people are placed on the list? I got 100 and ended up in the low 50's on the list.

Best regards,

G.E.
Congrats on the great score ! Let us know as soon as your contacted for medical check !

Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM

21 posts, read 144,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
the next step is for you to be called in for medical / background check. post up your list # so people can get a feel for when they will be called. BTW one of my friends took the test and got the same score as me but because of the date he filed his application to take the test his list # is around 700.
I was a fraud investigator for 3 1/2 years. I was promoted to associate fraud investigator 1 after that. I'm an expert on this job. You'll only take a medical if you are called by the DOF.
Good luck in hoping that! 99.9 of you will be called by Homeless Services and working out of the South Bronx. It's a very tough job. Application date has nothing to do with list number. My friend applied 2 minutes before the deadline and is number 73.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaemt View Post
3 Departments usually use this list - DHS, HRA and they tell you DOF. DHS will be the main one. One out of 20 gets called for HRA. The money is at DHS. The overtime is crazy. HRA isn't like that and is more a Mon to Fri 9-5 job.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
does anyone currently work for the city in this position and have any advise ?
Yes, it has a high turnover rate. So most people do eventually get called. If DHS appoints you, you'll deal with the toughest individuals on the face of the earth. But you will start out in Field Operations going to all the locations that they claim they can't live in. You'll see it all out there and walk into many a mess. In my career in FO, I estimate that I've been in over 5000 homes in NYC
Anything outside of NYC, is handled with phone calls placed by FI 2's aka "Family Workers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City