Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,410 times

Advertisements

I just read the NY Times article..What a tragedy!! Who was the man who did this? Was this a hate based crime? Anyone have details on who the man was? Race? Motivation for doing this???

How awful for that family!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
I just read the NY Times article..What a tragedy!! Who was the man who did this? Was this a hate based crime? Anyone have details on who the man was? Race? Motivation for doing this???

How awful for that family!!!

here is the latest link
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...SOXDdtevuPT2XP

Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Dismembered body of missing 8-year-old Liebby Kletzky found in Brooklyn, suspect Levi Aron arrested after body parts are found in his home and nearby Dumpster - NYPOST.com

Wow thats just horrible!! The devil clearly possessed that man!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,178 times
I agree LegalDiva. MONSTER this thing is. An the fact that he is a religious man or claims to be a religious man and from the community is more disturbing. Thus, being why people who claim Boro Park is safe need to understand that there are sick people in every community and no community is safe. I just hope parents learn that children need to be watched much better then some of these people do in BP an elsewhere.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:49 AM

979 posts, read 4,457,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I just hope parents learn that children need to be watched much better then some of these people do in BP an elsewhere.
You are incredible.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I agree LegalDiva. MONSTER this thing is. An the fact that he is a religious man or claims to be a religious man and from the community is more disturbing. Thus, being why people who claim Boro Park is safe need to understand that there are sick people in every community and no community is safe. I just hope parents learn that children need to be watched much better then some of these people do in BP an elsewhere.
Uhm... What is that supposed to mean?

Crime happens anywhere. Parents need to be vigilant at all times, regardless of where they live! A kid getting off a school bus in a neighborhood in the Upper West Side can be abducted and murdered just like any kid in Bensonhurst or East NY, Brooklyn. Whats your point? Crime doesn't discriminate! If a killer is out there and wants to murder anyone, he will find a way to do so no matter where it is!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:26 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
I think the issue here is that the perpetrator was a known pedophile by others but it was kept hushed up. If they are a tight knit community they should alert each other if such kind of people live in their neighborhood. Maybe it could have given them something to consider if they let one of their young children travel alone.
Although children might not be in danger of gang activity or stray bullets in nicer neighborhoods, sickos and pedophiles can lurk anywhere they can get access to children. So "crime happens everywhere" is too simplistic, you have to recognize which kinds.

Gangs are also known to use teen girls as sexual slaves, and in one case involving the Bloods gang, a girl was forced to sign a consent form and get raped in front of her younger siblings.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Some people are sick, huh? I just read an article about it. Why?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
I think the issue here is that the perpetrator was a known pedophile by others but it was kept hushed up. If they are a tight knit community they should alert each other if such kind of people live in their neighborhood. Maybe it could have given them something to consider if they let one of their young children travel alone.
Although children might not be in danger of gang activity or stray bullets in nicer neighborhoods, sickos and pedophiles can lurk anywhere they can get access to children. So "crime happens everywhere" is too simplistic, you have to recognize which kinds.
Good points.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,952 times
If the killer was Black or Hispanic it would have been a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City