Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM

365 posts, read 502,177 times

Advertisements

@hotblue....Hun, I may have paperwork and all that, but until I'm in an apartment, booboo, I have nothing. Besides, if St. Anns can at least provide a more stable environment, in terms of safety and not being so secluded, then, I would prefer to move there. BBTB has put us all through the wire this app process, and right now, I just wanna be in my apartment and secure with where I am. I don't have that with BBTB. As of right now, I have a tentative move-in date, which was clearly stated to more than likely not be my move-in date, and this was for November. I can't sit around guessing and estimating my time. I don't have anymore time to take off so whatever needs to be done will have to be done on the weekends or by fax or mail. I'm in a bind right now. @Steph....I remember where Forman Mills is located, however, to say I know where this development might be would be lie. Smh! As far as the open market, I'm guessing he meant that the building will be accepting non-lottery applicants into the building. It still doesn't make sense because you figure if I applied for the lottery and my number wasn't called, I could still go down there and apply on person and get it. That's sort of like what they did with BBTB. They were having people come in to fill out apps from off the street. What the difference is, I have no clue. The rent is the same, the units are the same. I dunno. In regards to Burnside, my bf told me Burnside and BBTB's neighborhood are pretty much comparable. Choosing between one or the other wouldn't really make a difference so now I'm just all over the place. *sigh*

Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,516 times
Stephanie, I notice that this guy from wavecrest told me today again to fax my paystubes , than he also said , he was going to call to the city to see if approval is valid , to present me other options, I use to be a salesman, and manipulation is A plus. Just to get costumers for his developments. But I dont like that hood anyway. But the point is why he is chasing all BBTB clients? He's taking advantage of us been smash by Knickerbocker . St Anns is close to everything , but not for me .!! My interview with hoe was rejected last week, cuz my income was over the guidelines. Another thing they don't have acces yet to our files!!! Why he didn't told me to come to his offices for personal interview? Why do I have to fax my papers when, I don't know who is he? I don't trust none of them. That's why I having th Hdc tomorrow coming, to make sure that there's no plays.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 PM

317 posts, read 578,782 times
Moneboo.... Girl just sleep on it. You signed the lease for BBTB so just see what happens with move in date and in the mean time follow up with St. Anns as well. Also if they're opening up the rentL process to those that didn't partake in the lottery that means all those people that applied via lottery must not have met the various requirements. So you should be a shoe in.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 PM

185 posts, read 243,035 times
Hello beautiful people !!!!!! I'm down with being at bruckner in the morning !!!! You know it !!! I have to go now but I will follow up in the morning !!!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:56 PM

365 posts, read 502,177 times
Hey brucknerChick!
@Steph....yeah that's what I'm planning to do. But I damn sure don't wanna be moving mid November early December in the midst of the holidays and what not. And from the sounds of the lady who gave me my move in date, she was almost sure I wasn't gonna be in by that date. That's why I'm like, I want to apply for St. Ann's Terrace, yet in order to do so, I know I would need to cancel with BBTB, and they are about as iffy as a 1st grader's credit report. Smh!

Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 AM

317 posts, read 578,782 times
Moneboo.... You have some time before your Nov/Dec move in date. Therefore in the meantime get the wheels in motion with St. Anns and ask questions bc they're well aware of the nonsense that's been going on so see if switching is possible.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 AM

507 posts, read 689,248 times
..ahhhh..great top of the morning-ladies,and hotblue...com'on now mone..why you know millbrook-but don't know st annes terrace neighborhood..its only 16-17 blocks north..or you never walked up that way..the area is way better that burnside ave..i tell you that-so hers why im scratching my head-if you applied to BBTB..and signed a lease..now waiting for a move-in date...you are obliously in!..now if you go through another process with st annes terrace or another developement-WOULD'NT they see that your name and information appears on multiple-hpd affordable housing apartments?.
I know how it feels desperate to snag anything-and to move pronto!..and I was in the same situation...remember you dealing with different mgnt companies,and they're all gathering information-documents..and they're forwarding them papers to d.o.i..the city..and god knows who else..and your picture has to appear on all them applications and your social security number..bank accounts and all that!...so dont be dis-qualified for 1-and then they'll think you-scamming-well like stephanie told you..you have options..but be most careful...find out if its alright first..before you re-act-shhh I wish i could snag another apartment or 2..i'll rent them s#&t's out!..but i know the consquences if i get snagged..its all computerized these days..not like the ol-days!..oh stephanie!..who yu calling old-man?..I dont run them streets or clubs..hey!..isnt that you-jogging through my window?..with a head scarf on?..go-on girl !...go on with your bad self!..its 7:02am and im looking out the window!..damm that garbage truck makes too much noise in the morning!..wheres my baseball-BAT!..but im up..gotta go make them doughnuts!..rents coming-AGAIN!...well moneboo...st annes terrace is nice..i'd go for that too!..if i was you.
hotblue-so you got that bullet-proof vest on today?..and got yourself a security-detail?..i'll check out the outcome on the 5'o clock news!..dont forget im behind you-WAY-behind you..because they're looking for you!.BBTB-well dont forget tonight at 7-8pm the bronx bourough president rubin diaz will be taking calls..bronxnews12..on cablevision..I will make a call-to air out BBTB..and their crookeness!!..damm stephanie..you only did 3-laps and you look tired-girl!..you better go sit down and catch your breath..I will run out and bring you a glass of water.but im still in my-draws..well people..lets get it in.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:43 AM

deli, you always have a stories to tell... lol and is not an insult... .... so people who is going to BBTB today ??? an investigator called me yesterday and asked me if I have proof of the "alleged corruption" at BBTB but I don't so IDK what's going to happen with that... she also asked me if my issue was resolved and where I was living.... well as you guys know the same day I went to Ruben Diaz Sr's office, that same afternoon BBTB told me that my approval finally came through when I called them on the phone.. but Kobe @ Wavecrest had already told me bc I kept calling him to see if he found out anything with HDC... so BBTB told me to go in the next day to sign my lease... but I didn't tell you guys that I did not sign a lease that day... the manager explained to me that I was approved for a 421a unit which is the lower rent for the 1 bedroom but that they ran out of them so b4 I sign a lease, HDC has to send a written authorazation letter so that they can give me a LAMP unit which is the higher rent @ a 421a rent rate.... so WTF !!!!! I'm just saying if a building has 50 units and 20 of those are for lower icome and the rest for the higher income WHY IN THE HELL would HDC approve more than 20 for lower income applications??????? IT MAKES NO F****** SENSE !!!!

Tune in for more of BBTB DRAMA !!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 AM

have stories*

Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,516 times
Lol!! What a morning!!!! Del167, you need to bookmark this forum!!! And also get your make up to show up on tv!!! Probably they award you with the best actor and best reporter.!! They might hired you !! Jajaja.. BBTH they looking for me and they find me already on my warmood!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery