Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 02:00 PM

29 posts, read 88,854 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Trying to get some feedback...I work in the Utopia section of Queens, close to Fresh Meadow. Right now live in Brooklyn (Park Slope) with a roommate who works in midtown Manhattan. I drive to work but we're looking to move out of Park Slope and into a different area.

I'm open to a lot of suggestions (areas of Queens, N.J., other areas?) but looking for something that works for both of our working situations. My roommate does not have a car so anywhere suggested would have to work for mass transit access to mid-town which is usually easy to find or figure out. I woudn't mind ditching my car and being able to use mass transit either but the commute right now with mass transit from Park Slope to Utopia is more than an hour and a half (compared to 35 minute drive) so it doesn't make too much sense now.

Only lived in Park Slope for about a year so I'm curious what other areas people would recommend that might be a little cheaper than here or similarily priced or what other areas might be good to check out for the two of us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 28,595 times
Well, if you want to move to Queens you may be hard pressed to find affordable rents. If you both are looking to pay at least $1750 for a two bedroom (or more of course) I would suggest Forest Hills/Kew Gardens. The area is nice, lots of shopping and you have the Queens Blvd. trains (E/F/R/G and I think V?) Lots of buses too. Fresh Meadows is not too bad but you'd have to take the bus up to Queens Blvd. in order to get to Manhattan (or an Xpress bus).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City