Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 PM

131 posts, read 332,978 times

Advertisements

IMO the best NYC area suburb if you are upper middle class and need to commute every day into Manhattan and have kids and want to use the public schools is Garden City, NY.

If you are super rich with sky's the limit budget and can go private school route, then Kings Point or Sands Point are the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
The best-looking suburbs are wealthy suburbs on the Sound. That would be part of the North shore of LI (as already detailed above) and the the Westchester Sound towns starting with Larchmont, the Orienta/Shore Acres of Mamaroneck, Greenhaven part of Rye Neck, Rye and up through Greenwich. The water really gives those places an edge over otherwise nice inland places (say Scarsdale, upper Montclair etc.) IMO, but I'm a water person.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 AM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
The Wealthiest on LI is Cold Spring Harbor.

While CSH is a very nice area with no really poor areas...I personally don't think CSH would make the cut for even considered a wealthy area by LI mansion standards.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
I like Bedford, NY and Chatham, NJ

Old 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Oh god, don't remind me of that place. It was ****ing awful living there. A lot of the people were pretentious pricks. I knew maybe like 10 decent people, the rest was pretty much Dick Nation. Seriously, I don't think people realize the sheer amount of drugs that are located here. Harrison would make Charlie Sheen blush with embarrassment. Another thing that sucks is the nightlife, or rather the lack of it.

Queens is so much better

as a current resident of Westchester (Rye not Harrison) thanks for the laugh . comparing anywhere in Queens to this area is really kind of funny.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:40 PM

424 posts, read 974,246 times
Larchmont, Scarsdale, Bronxville, Rye, Pelham Manor, Harrison and, Chapaqua, Bedford In Westchester. Greenwich, Darien, Westport, and Stamford in CT. And then there's the "Gold Coast" of LI; Oyster Bay, Port Washington, Sand Point etc..

There's some nice suburbs in Jersey also centered mostly in Essex County; Montclair, Maplewood, West Orange and Saddle River come to mind.

Keep in mind it's a bit subjective and wealthiest doesn't always automatically mean the best since some affluent towns have "private" services (ie no fire department, recycling, etc...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City