Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:36 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,722,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavide74 View Post
I'm from Italy and I'm an italian-american culture lover.
I read that now Little Italy is only a bunch of restaurant and other shops recently closed. Could anybody tell me if is it true?? I last went to New York in 2008 and I remember that Little Italy was only in a piece of Mulberry Street, but there still was Umberto's, Pasticceria Roma and so on. And you could breathe italian-american feel.. And now how is it? Is it true that in Mulberry Street there is italian-american people nomore living there? It would be very sad...
How many italian-american people live there today?
A question for the experts: Italian Harlem still exists? Wikipedia says that around 1,000 Italian-Americans still living in this area, is it true? More italian-american people live here than in Little Italy??
Considering all this, which neighbourhood do you think would be the new and real Little Italy in New York today? Bensonhurst, Belmont or what?
Staten Island and Bay Ridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 PM

58 posts, read 179,854 times
Does somebody know if there are Italian-American people that still live in Little Italy? And how many Italian-American people live there?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
If you wanna see an Italian-American the safest bet right now is Staten Island.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Howard Beach, Morris Park, Dyker Heights, and South Staten Island.

EDIT: I forget that I already responded to this thread.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 AM

75 posts, read 146,207 times
I'm on Staten Island for 21 yrs now, originally from Queens....and let me say, the Italians here are 3rd and 4th generation, never been to Italy, do not speak the language, and have the mobster thing going. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm half Sicilian. Just saying, it isn't the "Little Italy" feel the OP was referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City