Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think he was right?
Yes 60 84.51%
No 3 4.23%
I'm not sure 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:11 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,739 times

Advertisements

here is the video of the incident

31-year-old Rayon McIntosh was arguing with two female customers over the authenticity of a $50 bill they paid with, when one of women slapped him. She then proceeded to walk behind the register while the other customer jumped over the counter.
McIntosh can then be seen walking into the food-preparation area, emerging with a metal rod which he uses to severely beat the women. Co-workers attempted to intervene, but to no avail.

Did anyone here about this? it happened in Greenwich village. What do you think?
here is a link for various articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 06:45 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,166 times
Honestly . I would never raise my hand on a female, but this is a assault to a public restaurant . And this two females are in a muggers atitud. I would do the same thing. And that.blonde lady is totally ridiculous !!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
the "customers" assaulted the cashier and went behind the register. r u saying bek he used a weapon his defense of the cash register and himself was inappropriate?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,468,962 times
I saw this on the news late last week. I can't say I blame him --- who knew what these 2 thugs planned on doing???? They could have had weapons or anything else. Who assaults a restaurant worker and then goes behind the counter to continue the assault????

I think the did what he had to do to protect himself. However, he should have stopped once he had the thugs subdued. (I'm thinking he was having some kind of flashback to his prison days and was doing whatever he had to do to save himself).

What I didn't like was, the next day, the first thing the owner of that McD franchise said was that the guy has been fired. Okay.... what if he hadn't pulled the pipe on the real criminals? He would have been seriously injured or even dead. Then what would he say??????? And the media making the headline of the story the fact that this guy was recently released from prison. That has WHAT to do with the story or what happened to HIM (since he is, in fact, the victim here).

In the end, I'll bet these 2 thugs NEVER do that again!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,053 times
Default Employee of the Year

The Mcdougal St Mc Donalds is a hot spot for drunks, thugs, the ghetto/hood people that hang out on Christopher St, etc. The two hood ladies decided to act tough and it backed fired on them. I believe she was not expecting the guy to slap her back and get a metal rod to beat the **** out of them. She probably picked on him since he look like a mild-manerred guy. If he was a 6'5 240 lbs guy, i highly doubt it would have gone down. This is an example of Dave Chapelle's "When keeping real goes wrong."

The white lady screaming "STOP" should shut up and called the cops. Sorry but screaming STOP on the top of your lungs will not solve anything.

Woman beat with pipe by McDonald's cashier faces permanent brain damage, mother claims

Old 10-17-2011, 06:58 PM

483 posts, read 854,232 times
I watched this story on the news and I can't say I blame the guy too much although I think he went a bit too far with the metal rod. Perhaps a different maneuver would've worked. I don't know. Who do those hoodrats think they are? One of them slaps him and then the bull dyke one sizes him up like she's about to go toe to toe with him. Hopefully they've had plenty of time to think about the consequences of their actions while nursing their broken skulls and their broken arm.

Apparently the guy killed someone and did time for the murder years ago.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,974 times
I feel the same way as most of the comments on this thread but what I would like to add is this. This guy went to jail for his actions. I believe that if he was attacked by two men the same way those women attacked him, he wouldnt be in jail and still would have a job. This is an example of sexism. Too bad he cant sue because I believe he has a case. There is no reason why he should of been fired for defending himself or put in jail. The only reason i can think of is because those two who attacked him were females(but not women).

Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,072,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I think the did what he had to do to protect himself. However, he should have stopped once he had the thugs subdued.......
I heard they both kept getting up and going back after him even after he whacked them the first time.So,I'm sure he didn't feel like they were subdued and I'm sure he still felt threatened since there were 2 of them on him.

I don't blame him at all.Can you imagine what it's like dealing with the high thugs and trash that goes into those places in the middle of the night ?

The W Village is plagued with these kinds of incidents so if I was working the night shift down there I'd keep a club or a baseball bat around too.If it was a real 50 this probably wouldn't have happened.

Unfortunately,if one of them has brain damage ,we are going to have to pay to keep her around for the rest of her life.That's the worst part of it.

Anyone heard whether the $50 bill was ever checked out ? Supposedly they went after him because he thought their 50 was bogus and they didn't like being challenged.

Last edited by bluedog2; 10-17-2011 at 07:28 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 07:20 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Usually I would say that a man should not hit a woman but this was an unusual case. First the women involved should not have assaulted the male employee like that (especially over some nasty mcdonalds food ) and from what I could gather on the tape these were rough women. He had a right to defend himself.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,072,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
The Mcdougal St Mc Donalds is a hot spot for drunks, thugs, the ghetto/hood people that hang out on Christopher St, etc. The two hood ladies decided to act tough and it backed fired on them. I believe she was not expecting the guy to slap her back and get a metal rod to beat the **** out of them. She probably picked on him since he look like a mild-manerred guy. If he was a 6'5 240 lbs guy, i highly doubt it would have gone down. This is an example of Dave Chapelle's "When keeping real goes wrong."

The white lady screaming "STOP" should shut up and called the cops. Sorry but screaming STOP on the top of your lungs will not solve anything.

Woman beat with pipe by McDonald's cashier faces permanent brain damage, mother claims
Get this comment from the mother:

"My daughter is just your average 24-year-old," her mother said. "She's fun-loving and full of life. "

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: