Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:06 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times

Advertisements

This woman, According to the news reports took in a lot of boarders. in Most murders the victim and killer know one another. This is the more likely scenario in that it was over a grudge from living together. Almost every police blotter I read has a case where an assault or homicide happened between roommates. This was a horrible crime that is among the worst I have heard in a long time. He wanted her to suffer. NYPD please get this maniac off the streets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 06:56 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
This woman, According to the news reports took in a lot of boarders. in Most murders the victim and killer know one another. This is the more likely scenario in that it was over a grudge from living together. Almost every police blotter I read has a case where an assault or homicide happened between roommates. This was a horrible crime that is among the worst I have heard in a long time. He wanted her to suffer. NYPD please get this maniac off the streets!
Yea, most likely scenario. Serial killers are rare now a days.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
You're correct the cops are saying they know each other. She probably was letting in many of the dredges of society into her home to make ends meet.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 AM

The NYPD is questioning a man who walked into the station house smelling like gasoline.

Police Questioning Man in NYC Woman's Fire Death - ABC News

Last edited by D. Scott; 12-18-2011 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Run on sentence.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's in his 40s doubt he is now looking to join a gang. Just another nut running around. In the old days they would be committed now they have rights.
I couldn't tell from the photos posted that he's in his 40s and I didn't catch the news yesterday that's why my first thought was "gang initiation".

Let's hope they catch this maniac. I can't believe anyone could do something like that like it's nothing. Sick.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I couldn't tell from the photos posted that he's in his 40s and I didn't catch the news yesterday that's why my first thought was "gang initiation".

Let's hope they catch this maniac. I can't believe anyone could do something like that like it's nothing. Sick.

I fully agree. I walked into the store this morning, And saw the headline in the post, Just briefly before reading the full story and my first thought was "What horrors befell someone in the world today?" And I was still shocked reading the article. The lengths this man went to to do this.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
This guy Greek Fired here, if you guys really want to know what Greek Fire is? I feel sorry for what happened, but I also feel sorry for those new comers like Transplants and Gentrifiers who have to witness that and think there neigborhood is safe. This proves that no where in NYC is safe. All I got to say BRooklyn had it pretty bad first a kid gets chopped up and now this lady gets Greek Fired or Naplamed.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:26 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
I'm not trying to start a debate or get TOSSed again for "trolling".
BUT...
If my wife and I still lived in Manhattan, that could have been her.
Luckily, we moved to Nevada earlier this year, and she now walks with a gun.
As do I.

If the victim in Brooklyn was armed, she could have saved her own life.
What a horrible story.
Really really says something about us as humans.
Animals don't even hurt each other the way we do.

What a way to go out.
Live your whole life.... just trying to make it....you never hurt anybody... and you run into a nut like this.

Horrible.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times
Christ, it hasn't been a good week for women and elevators in New York...

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 AM

357 posts, read 727,729 times
So it was her ex-boyfriend....

this is why I wait for things like facts these days

Suspect questioned in horrific attack of Brooklyn*woman burned alive in her elevator* - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: