Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times

Advertisements

There is no way anywhere in the Bronx is cheaper than Newark and outer parts of Jersey City. Sorry dude...but based on their criteria, this person is priced out of NYC including the Bronx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM

576 posts, read 1,596,862 times
Newark, Jersey City(aside from the expensive downtown area), East Orange, Union City, Outer parts of SI. I lived in studios in some of these neighborhoods all of which were max 700, most were less. But be warned they are BAD neighborhoods. Not so much Union City and SI. Come to think of it, check out Harrison NJ, I'm sure you could get a studio in the 600's there and its safe.

Last edited by cf77; 03-07-2012 at 03:49 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
There is no way anywhere in the Bronx is cheaper than Newark and outer parts of Jersey City. Sorry dude...but based on their criteria, this person is priced out of NYC including the Bronx.
Oops, I thought only NYC counted... snooty mwaha... I should have been more careful...

Old 03-16-2012, 05:06 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBronxGuy View Post
Actually my recommendation was Newark...this person is already priced out of the Bronx based on their criteria. I will ignore your other random ranting.
Ignoring reality appears to be what you do.

Previously you have expressed that tenants of illegal basement apartments should simply move in order to resolve the issue rather than exercising their rights and holding their landlord financially and fraudulently responsible.

You've also expressed displeasure at the notion of engaging competent representation, as well as the existence of competent attorneys.

Both positions, evidently, result from your personal self-interest and experience. Damn the law!!! Damn it, that you failed to find a lawyer capable of manipulating the system against your tenants. Damn it, that tenants are so ignorant and/or desperate that they will rent illegal unsafe apartments, then turnaround and hold the landlord responsible for endangering their lives, their co-tenants, and the neighboring residents and their property.

Damn these people, who, in their own self-interest, expose my own greedy self-interest!

Damn these people, who make and enforce laws which protect the citizenry from the self-interest of those who would put the citizenry at risk.

Damn it, that I must return the money I earned illegally, deliberately, knowingly, or unknowingly, by putting people at risk.

The law, attorneys, and 'these people' should leave a little landlord alone, afterall he's just trying to make the mortgage (on a Brownstone in the South Bronx Bronx)!!!!

Why can't these people just move, and let me keep the money?!

A bit hypocritic to whine about the 1% and Wall Street and then squeal on another front when your are equally as guilty of the same mentality. The only difference is scale!

People either have respect for the law AND the law's intent, universally, or you can be a self-interested hypocrit.

Doing right is always hardest. Doing wrong is always easier!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:12 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times
Btw, the Rockaways is probably the best NYC option at $800 and 90 to 120 minutes.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,190 times
Newark, Irvington, East Orange, Patterson, maybe parts of Yonkers or Jersey City...basically anywhere where there is a substantial population of section 8 tenants

Old 03-17-2012, 10:22 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
go to W 189th st. on the corner there is a building with the sign 189 in clear on the entrance, the apartments are $650 pretty much one room with mini fridge, sink,stove and bathroom..

Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 AM

84 posts, read 398,229 times
Its not cheap! You have to pay $12 to come to the city

Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,923 times
An apt in a private house in SE Queens might go for $600, and it wouldn't be as dangerous as some of these other places. Look for Springfield Gardens, Laurelton, Cambria Heights, St. Albans. You might try the Daily News or a local Queens paper, like Queens Chronicle or Queens Tribute instead of Craigslist, or even go out there and hunt out posts in the supermarkets, etc.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 AM

16 posts, read 13,859 times
Safe neighborhood? Try one of those cellar (not basement) apartments in Chassidic Boro Park. Maybe if you are lucky, you get one window which opens (on the garbage/the uncut grass/the place where the stray cats defecate/literally on the pavement). You can notice these places by their high and small (cute looking) bouque boocue windows which when you look at the cellar apt inevitably will be covered by drapes to hide the fact that you are submerged there in an airless and dangerous dump although in a nice and new house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City