Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM

93 posts, read 194,555 times

Advertisements

I got homies n wake n neried u in da area u prolly heard my name pelon loco dat hood mostly jamacin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,260,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
Generous use of the word "borderline". It IS racist.
Hey don't get mad cause I speak the truth. Am I lying by saying the demographic change in Wakefield ruined the area? Nope. It's all true. That area was clean and well kept before blacks moved in and ruined it. You can't place blame on no one else. Truth hurts homey, I get it. I call it as I see it. If you don't like it...oh well.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 PM

34,164 posts, read 47,398,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Hey don't get mad cause I speak the truth. Am I lying by saying the demographic change in Wakefield ruined the area? Nope. It's all true. That area was clean and well kept before blacks moved in and ruined it. You can't place blame on no one else. Truth hurts homey, I get it. I call it as I see it. If you don't like it...oh well.
Interesting to see how you think your word is the final on this one. Your M.O. is pretty consistent I must say. Down with rent stabilization and I dont like "insert race here." Consistency is key.

The best advice for you is if you don't like rent stabilization, or certain races, then you can move somewhere else. Because posting ignorance like that on this forum won't elevate your life any higher...moving certainly would. And if you don't have any money to move, or if you're caring for a sick family member too bad. It's not our cross to bear. But you keep it up, and maybe just 1 day, just maybe, when you hit "send," it will automatically change things in the Bronx to make the way you perceive it, and want it to be....try responding to this, and hit "send," and see if it works...

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,260,777 times
Ooouch. Truth hurts homie. I know. Don't hate cause I keep it real.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM

34,164 posts, read 47,398,319 times
Quote:
Ooouch. Truth hurts homie. I know. Don't hate cause I keep it real.
You sound like a Maury Povich audience member. How "real" do you keep it? Lol. Please. And we are not "homies." Other than City-Data, we have no association. Truth hurts. Ouch.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM

24 posts, read 88,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Yes, the Italians in general are very good about keeping their homes and neighborhoods clean and orderly. I am half Italian, other half Irish. It's funny, but a few years before I was born it was considered a mixed marriage! Crazy. Oh well, its a shame that so much of the Bronx was ruined by liberals. Notice there are not in the Bronx now, they ran to Long Island or Westchester to escape the impact of their social experiments....
And you my friend, have a joyous St. Pats Day!
This post just cracked me up. Thanks from another Irish-Italian

Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 PM

119 posts, read 257,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Long Island? Liberals?

Take a walk over to the LI forum and read some of their posts.
It is mostly liberal. Not as liberal as NYC but still fairly liberal. Most people on Long Island do not want what happened to the Bronx in the 70's.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,557,516 times
Quote:
That area was clean and well kept before blacks moved in and ruined it. .

The area looks no different from Morris Park...in fact better than some parts.

Sorry I cant help you with your problems.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 AM

770 posts, read 1,132,785 times
Wink Are you Lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
What will be interesting is for certain folks to talk about the time when Irish thugs terrorized whole parts of the City. After all West Side Story wasnt that long ago. Indeed many who lived in that world are still alive.

West Side Story? Is that the best you can do? Sheesh. In looking at the film the producer was very careful to portray the White Jets as racist and the Sharks as 'economic victims' who were trying to fit into a new way of life. In looking at the neighborhood where they shot the film (could be the Bronx for all I know), it was largely intact. I bet its in ruins now from generations of 'Sharks" that have not changed nor adapted to meet the challenges of this century. In 1960 the poorest Congressional District was not the Bronx, and now for several years, it is the Bronx, one that is mostly non white. I doubt it would be that way today if the Jets were the majority.

Que: When your a Jet Your a Jet all the way, from your last cigarette to your last dying day....

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM

770 posts, read 1,132,785 times
Default You got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum86 View Post
This post just cracked me up. Thanks from another Irish-Italian

It's crazy but I loved my Mom's mashed potatoes and all the dishes she learned from Grandma to make Dad happy. When we were 16 Dad let us have a glass of wine with dinner on Sunday. My Irish Grandpop would come around and sing Clancy Brothers songs and get rocked. Lots of fun. All of us kids are college grads, while my Mom never finsihed HS nor my Dad. Too bad the area changed, it was a good place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City